Chapter 30: A fancy boat race

Aaron's POV

After a nice sleep in the Spa Hotel, I got a lemonade and headed off to check on Gwen and Courtney.

It's good that we're all together again. I walked in the room.

"Morning girls! How was your sleep?" I asked happily.

"Oh. I just dreamt I was riding a fluffy unicorn across clouds made of marshmallows." Gwen said happily.

"Yeah. They're soft beds alright." Courtney grinned as me and her sat next to Gwen.

"Yeah. Agreed." I grinned.

"A couple of days ago, I was ready to quit. Now that we're all friends again, I never want it to end." Gwen grinned.

That was actually really sweet of Gwen. Like I said before, it's nice that we all came back together again after Duncan ruined it.

"I hope we make it to the finale together." Courtney grinned.

"That would be amazing." I grinned.

"What about Scott?" Gwen asked.

"He's cool and all but like you say, you gotta put friends first."

"Aww..." me and Gwen smiled.

"If I don't win the million bucks, I hope one of you do." We all said together.

/Gwen, Courtney, and Aaron:"And I mean it too"\

"So. Do you guys wanna go get breakfast?" I asked.

"Yeah. Sure." Courtney grinned.

+

We all got changed from our sleeping attire and headed down for breakfast which as always, was to die for. An announcement came on.

"Attention campers. Please gather upfront. Right where Duncan's being all, sweet." Chris told us.

We met outside to see Chef in a jeep.

"Gr... no I'm not!" Duncan growled.

"Duncan. You fixed my jeep. You're a good kid " Chef grinned and drove off.

Alejandro started bragging about how he survived in Boney Island and how he has a special way with animals.

"ENOUGH WITH THE SELF PROMOTION AL!" Chris yelled through the megaphone. "I have a big announcement. Today the teams are being merged!"

We all gasped.

"That's right. From now on, challenges are for individual winners only. And everyone is at risk of getting the not so royal flush." Chris's phone started to ring." I have to take this. It's my stylist. Yeah. How come my socks don't match my shirt?"

What's with this guy and his phone calls? Chris hung up.

"Mmhm. Yeah. Guy thinks I'm colorblind. As if. Anywho. This week's challenge is a regatta around the island."

"A re-whata?" Duncan asked.

"Regatta. It's a boat race." Chris explained.

"So why didn't you say that?" Duncan sassed.

"Because I'm classy. Hello? First person to successfully circumnavigate the entire island wins immunity and night at the Spa hotel. Don't worry, we'll keep things interesting by providing some obstacles for you." Chris laughed." Some of the boats are seaworthy. Some are sink-erific. And they're all first come first serve starting...... NOW!"

We all cheered and took off running.

"Come on guys! Let's go!" Courtney exclaimed as me and Gwen followed Courtney.