Chapter 33: Making our Sundaes

Aaron's POV

It was the next day. Me and Courtney were in the girls cabin together. We were just enjoying each other's company.

"So, you're saying you know how to control your dreams?" Courtney grinned.

"Yeah. I-I could teach you if you want. Everything feels so real. You can do anything you want in your dream. As long as it isn't too startling that you jolt awake."

"Well. Maybe you could teach me sometime." Courtney grinned.

Me and Courtney headed outside. Chris started an announcement bright and early.

"Attention punching bags. Please gather in the forest clearing. And bring your padded undies. Because today's challenge is a buttkicker." Chris stated.

We saw Chef driving by and drop Gwen off. Literally.

"Hey Gwen. How was your night on Boney Island?" Zoey asked.

"Not bad actually.  A woolly beaver tried to eat me so I climbed a tree to the top and slept in the canopy. Fell asleep looking at the stars." Gwen explained.

"Wow." Zoey started.

"Yeah. What a nightmare. Luckily Gwen is super smart and totally strong so she lived to tell the tale." Courtney hugged Gwen as I happily nodded in agreement.

"Well. Welcome back Gwen." Zoey said as her, Mike, and Scott left the scene.

"'Welcome back Gwen'." Courtney mocked.

"What?!" Gwen pulled away.

"Nothing. I was just noticing that cutthroat vibe Zoey has about her. So two-faced. We should shun her." Courtney stated.

"Um...." Gwen started.

"Are you still mad at me for all the kissing I did? Because like I said before, Scott was an accident and both Aaron and Cameron kissed me." Courtney clarified.

I felt myself blushing of the memory of kissing Courtney.

"I'm not mad at you. I just hope your head is still in the game." Gwen pointed.

"Don't worry. I can reassure that Courtney's number one priority is the game." I stated." After ending her relationship with Scott, we got to strategize last night."

"So you guys still wanna go all the way to the finale with me?" Gwen grinned.

"Of course we do. Right Courtney?" I grinned.

"Gwen. I promise. It's me, you, and Aaron. Right to the end." Courtney smiled.

+

Me and the rest of the competitors headed to where Chris wanted us to meet him.

"Behold. My sad skinny interns. I totally forgot to feed them this week." Chris smiled.

Mike obnoxiously laughed... what is wrong with him? They're starving...how is that funny...

"I know. Funny right?"

"No. Not really." I crossed my arms giving the interns slight looks of concern.

"It is. Anywho, today's challenge is a race to make a delicious sundae and serve it up to the good ole what's-his-name. And who's It's over here." Chris stated." So, to make this fun, for me you'll have to travel to the most dangerous areas on the island to procure the ingredients of this desert. Your icecream awaits at the top of the diving cliff, which the ice machine has been making nice and slippery all week. The maraschino cherries are perched on a rock in the swamp. You'll find chrushed peanuts in the cafeteria. And the final ingredient. Chocolate sauce can be found in a pool surrounding a recently planted mutant fire flower." Chris explained as Chef started handing us our bowls.