10. A Perfect Gentleman

"I'm here, let me in."

"Hm." I hold my phone between my ear and my shoulder, walking toward the front door as I slip my other earring in. "You invited yourself, why should I let you in?"

"Kim Y/n, you're - "

"Technically, since I grew up in America, it's Y/n Kim."

He huffs, annoyed, and I grin at his exasperation, pausing in the hallway by the door.

"Just let me in, you don't know if your neighbors are sasaeng fans. Chances are that they're fans that will crowd me and I'll have to sign autographs."

"You know, there's no way I'm letting you in now. Bigheaded much?"

He chuckles, his voice lowering. "You know, I'm big in other areas as well. Why don't you come see?" He pauses. "Oh, wait, you've already seen it all."

"Jeon Jungkook, I swear to God I'm going to end you." I open the door, glaring at him, and he's laughing as he lowers his phone from his ear.

"Hey, it worked."

"You're not going to be so happy when I punch you for saying something like that."

"You wouldn't hurt me."

"You wanna bet?"

He grins, shying away from me slightly as he skirts around me into the apartment. "Yes, actually. You hurt me, I'll pay for dinner."

I close the door, raising an eyebrow, and he winces. "Actually, I take that back."

"Too late." I move like I'm going to lunge at him and he flinches, making me laugh. "You're such a baby."

"I'm the baby?" He raises an eyebrow. "As far as I remember, I'm the grown up in bed, so - "

"Stop with the sexual references, I swear to god," I give him a threatening look and he grins.

"I'll pay to order in food, because that look hurt. What do you want?"

"I can buy my own food."

"No, the guy pays."

"No, that's sexist and chauvinistic." We stare each other down and finally he grins.

"What, do you have something against me being a gentleman?"

I snort, leaning against the wall. "You? Gentleman?"

Jungkook raises an eyebrow. "I'll be a perfect gentleman all night, if that's what you want."

"Hah, if you can be a 'perfect gentleman' all evening, I'll do anything you say." There's no way in hell he's going to last more than about five minutes, being polite. It's physically incapable.

Jungkook smirks. "You're on."

-

"You're kidding, there's no way that happened."

Jungkook grins, nodding as he reaches for another can of beer. "Yeah, and Taehyung was just so casual about it." He pops open the can, taking a sip, them holding it out to me as he imitates the older boy's lofty voice. "Bitch?"

I can't help grinning a little, shaking my head as I accept the beer from him, and he runs his hand through his hair, shaking it out. "It's hot in here, turn on your air conditioning once in a while."

"It is on, you've just obviously got problems."

He raises an eyebrow at me, running his fingers through his hair again as his hand makes its way to the top button if his loose shirt, popping it open. I glare at him, refusing to give in to the temptation to watch him take off his shirt, to rip it from his shoulders, and he stops after three buttons, leaning back. "That's better."

I glower and he gives me an innocent look. "I'm just overheating, Y/n, not giving you a strip tease. Trust me, not trying to start anything here, that's all you."

"Ha!" I can't help my triumphant grin. "That wasn't very gentlemanly, was it now?"

He chuckles lightly, shrugging. "Was it not?"

"I won. Food next time is on you."

"Next time?" He smirks at me and I glare.

"Forget it. For some reason, I managed to look past your massive ego and horrible personality for a minute." I stand, picking up the empty takeout containers. "Minute's gone. You owe me fifteen dollars for your half of the meal."

Jungkook stands too, reaching for half the trash from my hands. "You're oddly nice today, you know that?"

"Nice." I roll my eyes, shaking my head, and he follows me into the kitchen.

"I assume there's going to be a next time, Y/n, because this - "

"If you mention our goddamn so-called chemistry again, I will end you."

Jungkook chuckles. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry." He pauses, searching for the words. "Our attraction."

"Attraction?" I raise my eyebrows, dropping the plastic containers in the trashcan and Jungkook grins, nodding.

"Whatever you want to call this urge," he replies, his voice getting slightly lower as he steps forward and I back away, against the wall, my breathing unsteady. "To pin you against the wall right now and have my way with you."

My breath catches in my throat and I stare at him, refusing to act as flustered as I am. "Have your way with me? Sexist much?"

He leans closer, his nose brushing my ear, voice a low murmur that sends shivers down my spine. "You ruin everything."

"Just because I don't flip out over every sexual thing you say?" An uncontrollable shudder runs up my spine as his lips brush my neck, his tongue running over the skin, and I fight to keep my eyes open, to sound normal. "That just means I'm - " I close my eyes as his teeth nip at my earlobe, my voice becoming much more breathless and airy than I'd like it to be. "Sensible."

He chuckles against my skin, tugging at my ear with his teeth before his tongue makes a slow trail down my neck, his lips closing around the skin at the base of my neck, tingles running down my spine. "Really sensible," vibrations spread from his lips brushing my skin as he speaks, his voice low as his lips leave my neck, brushing my ear again as he speaks softly into it. "You're telling me if I bent you over this counter right now, you'd refuse me."

I let out a shaky breath. "Yes," I say unsteadily, and the way his teeth pull at my ear as his hands find their way to my hips tells me he knows I'm lying. "I'm not - like your other girls," I barely manage to get the words out, at the feel on his hands slowly sliding up my hips, fingers hooking in the belt loop of my jeans, just resting there.

Jungkook pulls away, his voice a soft rumble in his chest, and I want him to kiss me so badly, to taste him as his hands wander, but he's pulling away. "Well, then, my apologies."

I stare at him, caught off guard, still flushed from his lips on my neck. "You - what?"

He chuckles lightly. "I'm a gentleman this evening, remember?"

We just look at each other for a moment, and I know he's doing this to mess with me but I seriously don't care right now, because he could be doing just about anything right now and I wouldn't care.

"Fuck being a gentleman," I reach for his shoulders, pulling him against me again, our breaths intermingling, and he grins at me in triumph.

"Well then. Let's move this to your room, shall we?"