17. No Goodbye Kiss?

"Y/n."

There's a soft whisper, a rumble against my ear, and I blink awake to darkness, the smell of cinnamon, my face pressed against something soft, something warm, something - someone. Jungkook.

I pull away, blinking in the sudden brightness now that my face isn't buried in his chest, and his arms are around me, holding me against him, warm and secure.

I blink sleepily up at Jungkook, my eyes having issues focusing on the light, and Jungkook chuckles, one hand brushing my hair out of my face, the other caressing the skin of my hip.

"You look completely fucked out."

I snap into reality, my mind suddenly very awake, and I glare, pulling away from him, sitting up as I hold the blankets tightly over my bare chest.

"Asshole."

He rolls onto his back to grin lazily up at me, stretching his arms above his head, the veins in his arms bulging as he does so, and I tear my eyes from them, focusing on his face again, glaring.

"Good morning to you, too." Jungkook grins up at me and I frown at him, glancing over at his alarm clock, my head snapping back toward it as I process the numbers.

"It's nine a.m.?"

Jungkook nods, sitting up lazily, stretching again, and I silently curse his bare shoulders for distracting me, forcing myself to speak as if I'm not affected at all by the way his muscles bulge as he stretches like that.

"I've been here for twenty-four hours," I say, then realize what I just said. "Fuck, I've been here for twenty-four hours."

I start to get up, then stop, my eyes falling on Jungkook as he grins lazily at me. "Go ahead."

"I'm not about to get up just so you can check me out," I glare and he grins.

"You know me way too well." He yawns, standing casually, and I stare as he just walks around the room, opening his dresser drawer, tossing a white shirt over his shoulder at me casually as if he's not walking around like a fully nude Greek god.

Wait, what the hell am I thinking?

I curse him silently, slipping the shirt over my head, and Jungkook grins at me as I slip out from under the covers, reaching for my bra from where it somehow got wedged underneath one of the bedposts.

I slip it on under the shirt, ignoring Jungkook's eyes on me, then glance around, realizing something's missing. "Where's my underwear?"

Jungkook grins, leaning against the wall next to his door. "I don't know, I guess it got lost in the turmoil last night."

I glare, moving the sheets off the bed. "Could you help me look?"

"Sure, no problem." Jungkook walks closer, leaning over me to peer over my head at the bed halfheartedly, taking the opportunity to wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me against him. "You know, I don't see them. Why don't we just do something else, wait for them to show up?" He presses closer to me, making a point to press his hips against my back, turning his head to nip at my ear.

"Jungkook," I frown, pushing at him, and he just grins, his nose nuzzling my neck now, tongue running over my skin.

"Hmm?" He murmurs against my skin, and I know he's doing it on purpose, feeling the way a tremor runs down my spine.

I let out a breath, turning to press my hands against his shoulders, gently pushing him off. "Go put clothes on, dammit."

Jungkook chuckles, leaning forward to press a kiss to my lips, and I stiffen at the sensation, the fact that this is just a kiss, not a lead up to sex, not a playful, teasing thing.