Chapter Four

HARRY

It was a really stressful week at work. I ended up fixing a lot of people's mistakes and I had to let go of one of my team. It felt like all my anxiety was building on top of me, ready to bury me the moment I couldn't take it any longer.

I drowned in my paperwork and suffered through meetings, staying late to fix others mistakes, arriving at the gym late, not being able to go about my regular routine with Mike.

I also hadn't seen her all week.

I would arrive two hours later than usual and find my eyes automatically trying to locate her, my heart sinking when realizing she wasn't there. I don't know when this weird dependency of her had started, but I found it increasingly pissing me off. It was like she was a safety net, something familiar for me, but now that she wasn't here, in a week where I could've used her presence, I almost felt betrayed.

It made no sense to me. I don't know her, the most I know is her name and her workout habits, yet for some reason I'm stuck thinking about her all the time. It consumes me so much that by Tuesday, after two days of missing her, I found myself texting an old fling, and within the hour I was at her place with her lips wrapped around my cock. I tried to focus on her, but my mind kept slipping away, surrounded by work, numbers, and a girl I wanted nothing to do with. We didn't end up doing much that night. I let her finish me off in her mouth, and then I went down on her to return the favor.

I repeated this new routine all week, but with a different person every day. Wednesday I found myself fucking a guy in the bathroom at a bar, Thursday I let Molly ride me and listened to her high pitched moaning after I spent a whole gym session showing her how to use certain machines, and Friday was the worst. I actually failed to stay hard while a girl was going down on me. It was probably the single most embarrassing moment in my sex life. I was just too stressed and anxious to enjoy anything and every girl I had been with felt worse than the last.

I was drowning.

I ended up taking home my work for the weekend, spending a full nine hours finishing what I couldn't through my work week. I was exhausted, tossing and turning the night before only to fall asleep in the wee hours of the morning and wake up far too late. Once I finished, I did feel a little relief, but groaned when I remembered I would be going back for another horrible week in a day.

Looking at the clock I saw that it was ten o'clock, so I decided to go to the gym to try and tire me out, so maybe I could actually enjoy some sleep tonight.

I pulled up and found myself unlocking the door. I was immediately hit with loud music playing through the bluetooth. You were only allowed to play your personal musical during after-hours and if no one else was around. I internally groaned, annoyed that I won't get some alone time, but somewhat pleased that they were playing 70's rock. I start to walk towards the ring, but stop when I see her.

After a full week of wondering about her, there she was, leaning against the wall, trying desperately to catch her breathe. The treadmill in front of her was still going at a high speed, and I stare at the sweat glistening off her shoulders, imagine myself pulling at her messy ponytail while taking her against that wall. I shake my head, trying to rid her from my thoughts, and start walking to my corner once again, my eyes still on her.

It was then when her eyes opened and immediately landed on mine. It takes her a second to realize what's going on, but when she does she steps forward, grabs her phone, and turns off her music.

"Sorry-" She begins to say in a loud voice so it carries over to me, but I cut her off.

"You can keep it on. I like the song."