Chapter Thirty-Three

EMMA

What's wrong?"

I turn my head to Harry who's exiting his closet while I'm rifling through my duffel bag for something to wear.

I groan, "Trying to find something that'll hide my wrists, but for some reason I have no long sleeve anything."

He walks towards me, holding out his hand, so I take it with a pout. He helps me stand, smirking, bringing my hand in front of his face. First he places a kiss on the back of my hand, then on my wrist. They're still a little red, only the smallest bit of bruising, but enough to where someone wold notice.

"You can borrow one of my sweaters." He suggests.

"Really?" I ask, and he nods, a brilliant smile gracing his face.

He leads me into his closet, and starts shuffling through his sweaters. He has a giant collection of them honestly, which made me giggle. He was probably the only person on the planet who could truly pull them off, most being grandpa style sweaters or cardigans. When he pulls out a black sweater with colorful planets lining the top, I smile.

I quickly put it on, tucking the front into my jeans, and looked in the mirror. It was definitely too big, and I'm sure most people could guess that it was a men's sweater, but I didn't care.

†††

There was a knock on my classroom door as I was eating my lunch. Looking up I frowned when I saw Jake sheepishly entering the room, keeping the door wide open. Niall was serving as the lunch aide today, watching over all the kids in the cafeteria, so I was eating by myself.

"What do you want?" I ask him plainly.

He sends me a small smile, one which I don't return, and says, "I would like to apologize."

Narrowing my eyes, I say, "Oh, really?"

"Look, I know you probably don't believe me-"

"You're right I don't. Now leave." I interrupt him easily.

He pursued his lips, "Seriously? You're not even going to try and hear me out?"

"No, I'm not. For the first time in a really long time, I'm happy, and I don't need you to mess that up for me." I say harshly.

"You're still with that Harry guy?" He sneers, suddenly shifting away from the fake-ass smile he had on earlier. I roll my eyes, but he continues, "You know he's-"

"Just going to leave me. I get it, Jake. You don't want me to date anyone else, because you like the thought of me being miserable without you. I'm over it, Jake, and if you keep harassing me then I'll go to the police, so leave me alone."

He just glares at me as my words sink in. Stepping a little closer, he says lowly, "Go to the police? You won't do that, Emma. Even with your new boyfriend, who, by the way, is never going to love you, warping your brain and telling you you need to do this shit, you won't. Because deep down you're still the pathetic, scared girl I met years ago. You belong to me, Emma, don't ever forget that."

I sigh, "Are you done?" His brows furrow as he looks at me, confused by my reaction. "This is getting boring, quite honestly. Say what you want, but you don't control me anymore." I gather my stuff and stand up. "Goodbye, Jake. Remember to treat Lauren better than you ever did me, because she'll leave your ass. She's a much stronger woman now than I was when I was unfortunately with you."

With that I walk out of my classroom, walking to the cafeteria. I bought some snacks, knowing my lunch was not big enough, because I skipped breakfast. Niall waved me over as he leaned against the wall.