Chapter Thirty-Four

HARRY

I woke up in a daze, soft touches to my face. With my eyes still closed, I felt a smile begin to form on my face. A light graze of a finger made its way down to my bottom lip to trace it.

I loved this. I loved the feeling of waking up next to her. Knowing before I was even fully awake that she was there.

Slowly, I blinked open my eyes, focusing in on her icy blue ones. They really were so captivating. I've never seen eyes like hers, ones that keep your attention so easily. I could just look at them all day. I could look at her all day.

There was something about her in the mornings. The sleepiness in her eyes, the way her cheek got all pink from sleeping on it. The innocence that shown through her. Not a shed of makeup, and it didn't matter. And her lips... God, her lips were perfect. Full and plump, the faintest pink that made them look delicate but sultry.

A slow, sweet smile crossed them, her hand tucking a few stray strands of hair behind my ear, then resting in the crook below it, thumb rubbing my jaw softly.

"Morning." She says quietly.

My smile widened, loving the sound of her voice in the morning. It had always sent goosebumps up and down my body, but the added lowness, and slight gravel really did me in.

"Morning, angel." I respond just as quietly, wanting to keep the mood between us as long as possible. "You been watching me sleep?"

She breathes out a laugh, eyes closing momentarily before finding mine again, "Can't help it. You're just too pretty."

I was full on grinning now, "Yeah? You think I'm pretty."

"So pretty." She teases.

I scoot a little closer to her, my hand sneaking up the over-sized shirt she had on, rubbing up and down her back. "I think you're pretty, too."

"Why, thank you. Very sweet." She mumbles, closing her eyes as she rests her head closer to mine. Her hand mindlessly moves to my hair, burying her fingers in there as if it's their home.

We stayed in silence for a while longer, enjoying the laziness of the morning. Sundays were always my favorite day to wake up next to Emma. There was absolutely nothing for us to do until later in the evening, so we could've stayed in bed for hours. We were usually up pretty late the night before, anyways, so our tired eyes won out most times.

I reveled in our closeness, her body heat welcoming on my bare skin. She was only in one of my old shirts, and a pair of my boxers. She had somehow dressed me in a pair of underwear, as well.

"Do you remember much from last night? You were kind of out of it..." Her voice rings through the silence.

I open my eyes again, "I remember most of it, I think. It felt... different."

"I think you went into your subspace." She says.

I blinked, "Really? I didn't think I would be able to go into one."

"What did it feel like?" Emma asks softly.

"Um, like I was buzzing?" I say more as a question, not sure how to describe the sensation I felt last night, "It was like for the first time in my life everything was just gone. Except you. Nothing was racing through my head. I wasn't worried about anything, or carrying any stress from the day. It was just you."

She nodded slowly, "That's how I felt. Really light, and everything was very hazy afterwards."

"It was amazing, Em. Felt good giving you that control." I admit.