Chapter Seventeen

HARRY

Fuck, I was nervous.

I had switched suits too many times since I got home, deciding to stick to my guns and wear an "out there" suit. I went back and forth between wearing something I actually like and wearing the standard black suit that all the other men would be wearing.

It wasn't even that crazy. I landed on a patterned suit, black, white, and maroon being the main colors. I had gold cuff links and my nicest watch on, and kept the first few buttons on my black shirt undone. I knew this one would match Emma's dress, so we would look like a proper couple.

Yesterday when she hadn't showed up at the gym, I texted her. It was probably too clingy, but I had missed her on Monday, and wanted to see her.

She told me she was out dress shopping, and I immediately felt guilty. I didn't want Emma to have to spend a lot of money to look nice. I would've been fine if she just wore some jeans and a blouse, and when I tried to convince her not to buy anything - immediately refusing to let me pay for her dress - she told me to stop bugging her, and she'll text me the color of her dress when she finally picked one.

My nerves danced through my body causing me to fidget and walk around my house cleaning randomly until I heard my doorbell. My nerves only worsened at the thought of her coming with me. I never actually thought we would enact this rule on my side. I was normally pretty good about getting out of these dinners, but this one I had a direct invitation from my boss and couldn't say no.

I took a deep breath before I opened the door, my heart stopping when I see her. She's wearing a gorgeous maroon dress that is somehow sexy and sophisticated, tight at her bust, never showing too much cleavage, and flowing delicately from her cinched waist to right above her knees. My eyes gazed back up her body, lingering on her neck where a gold necklace hung, and back up to her face. She had a lot of makeup on, that I knew, but it never looked like it was caked on, or badly done. Her skin looked soft and glowing, her lips covered in a classy nude color, and her eyes...

Fuck, her eyes popped, the light blue cutting through me like a hot knife. My heart beat picked up as I took in how perfectly her eye makeup made them stand out. She looked so elegant, but somehow like herself. She didn't change for me. I could still see the nervous Emma I was accustomed to, but now she shined in a different way.

I was so used to seeing her makeup free and sweaty, either from sex or the gym, but this... this was such a nice surprise.

"Uh, can I come in?"

Her timid voice snapped me out of my daze. I blinked and stepped aside quickly, "Yeah, sorry, you must be freezing."

She walked inside my house and smiled at me, and just like that my nerves melted away. This was Emma, my Emma. There was no need to be nervous. She would take care of me tonight.

"I love this suit." She says when I close the door behind us, bringing her hands to my chest and gently rubbing up and down.

"Thank you." I mutter. My hand cups her jaw and tilts it up, so her eyes meet mine, "Emma, you look... fuck, you are stunning."

She smiled and blushed, "Thank you."

I smiled back at her. Noticing how easy it was for her to take my compliment. I lean down for a kiss, but she stops me and says, "Don't even think about it. Do you know how long it took to get me to look like this? We are not messing that up."

I pout and tug her closer to me, "Not even a kiss?"

"I think we both know where that kiss is going to lead." She taunts me with mischevious eyes.