Chapter Thirty-Eight

EMMA

I didn't want to say goodbye.

We had been trying for the last half hour, instead kissing by the door after Harry helped bring my bags in. He had me pinned against the door, lips working feverishly against mine. I could feel how badly he didn't want to let go. He wanted to make this last for as long as possible. I knew Lu was waiting- probably impatiently - for him, and eventually he would have to walk out that door. But I would take my time. I would enjoy the passion he kissed me with, the feel of his fingers digging into my skin.

Waking up next to him by the fire was one of the best moments of my life. The sleepiness in his eyes made my heart melt, the soft smile he gave me before nudging my chin up, so he could bury his face into my neck making me fall even harder.

I had never experienced anything like last night ever in my life. I thought I had been made love to before, or at least the mechanics of it had been done. But now that I had had that moment with Harry, I realized that no one else could make love to me. It was just him. Only Harry held that power.

I knew it had effected him equally, the vulnerability playing in his eyes when he looked down at me, pouring everything into his movements. We had shared something so immensely powerful that now being separated from him seemed like torture. I didn't know how I was going to sleep for the next week, or be able to not mope around my mum.

Oh god, she is going to be a nightmare. She'll get every juicy detail out of me about Harry probably within the first few minutes. I know she had been on pins and needles waiting to hear about him.

"Don't want to leave." He mumbles against my lips, clearly pouting.

I smile, "Don't want you too."

"How about we ditch everyone and spend Christmas together?" He asked jokingly, but I knew there was a sense of seriousness.

"Mmm, fly off to the Bahamas? Get really great tans..."

"Drink fruity cocktails by the ocean..."

My arms wrap around his neck tighter, bringing him in as close as possible, "Spend all day in bed."

He groans in frustration, "Okay, we have to stop, or I really am never leaving you."

I laugh, heart swelling with emotion, "You probably should get going..."

He doesn't miss the remorse laced in my voice, "Probably."

"Lu's waiting for you."

He nods, "Yeah, she is."

I sigh, studying his face. His lips are in a frown, so different than I had seen them all weekend. Eyes tired and I started to see that familiar weight he held with him at all times. My thumb came up to graze under his eye and follow his cheekbone, "Just a little over a week."

"Just a little over a week." He repeats to himself, trying to not make it seem so long.

My heart clenches, "I'll call you every night."

He smiles softly at me, "Can you call me tonight? And tomorrow morning, so I know you're safe?"

I knew another reason he was so reluctant to leave was because he was afraid that Jake might come back. He was really apprehensive of letting me stay by myself for the night before heading out tomorrow to my mom's. But he knew I wouldn't have wanted him to coddle me. I had taken the proper precautions, and I knew I was safe.

"I promise, baby. I'll be safe." I tell him.

"Just can't have anything happen to you." He whispers, leaning forward to kiss me again.