Chapter Twenty-Six

EMMA

I'm sifting through Netflix trying to find something to watch. It's late Monday night and I knew Harry was driving back, so I wouldn't be getting a call from him. Yesterday we ended up talking for two hours straight about almost nothing, but somehow everything. We hadn't had a chance to really speak to each other today, however. Harry had been busy doing something with his dad and brother.

It was close to ten p.m., and I wasn't even close to being tired. I knew I would regret staying up, but I kind of wanted to see if Harry would text me goodnight.

Things were going well. Almost too well. It was easy with Harry, like we had known each other for longer than a few months. He was genuinely helping me deal with my issues, too. Even though things were still bad with Jake, that much was evidence from today, I felt better about the situation. I felt in control.

It wasn't like I didn't know what was going on wasn't serious, or unhealthy for me, but I hadn't felt like I had the courage to do anything about it. I hadn't felt like myself in years, and to be honest I had never quite felt like I knew who I was. I was always searching for that, but being with Harry had changed me. I was starting to feel like I belonged in my body. I was starting to feel like I was in control of my life for the first time.

A knock at my door shook me out of my thoughts. My face scrunches up in confusion, and I go to my door uneasily. I'm not a complete idiot, so I look through my peephole first.

My heart races as I quickly open the door. In front of me is a bright smiling, albeit tired, Harry. I don't have to ask him to come in before he's got his arms around my waist, lifting me up, and spinning me around.

"Harry!" I squeal and laugh, trying not to be too loud.

He sets me down, and not a second later is kissing me. I grab his shoulders to steady myself, the force of his kiss making my legs weak. With a few lingering pecks he pulls away and smiles sheepishly, "Sorry."

"Why are you saying sorry?"

"For barging in like that. For inviting myself over." He says.

I shake my head, "Don't be. You're welcome here whenever. Plus, I missed you." I admit.

He looks down, hiding the blush forming on his cheeks, "So you're okay if I stay the night?"

I scoff, "Harry, I would be offended if you didn't."

With that he brings his bag inside, putting it in my room before joining me on the couch. He maneuvers us around until he's on top of me, face buried into my neck, arms wrapped tight around me. It's like he's giving me a bear hug, breathing me in and mumbling into my skin. I can't hear what he's saying but I let him melt into me.

It feels good to be wanted.

My hand plays with his hair while the other grazes a finger up and down the back of his neck. He hums at the feeling, and we stay like that for awhile. I could probably fall asleep right now with how comfortable I am. He's so soft and warm, making my body buzz underneath him.

I'm actually thinking he fell asleep when he moves his head to my shoulder and say, "Thank you."

I smile, not able to really look at him because of our position, but I start to massage his neck and shoulders. He moans and closes his eyes, "That feels so good, angel."

"Figured it was a long drive and you might be a little tense."

"That's why I came here. Got all the way to my house, and it felt too empty." He mumbled out, melting into me further. I bite back my smile, and weave or legs together more. "Knew you'd help. How was your day?"