Chapter Twelve

EMMA

I had a stupid smile on my face the whole way to work.

I hadn't expected last night to go down that way. I mean I knew we were going to have sex after we spoke about everything, but shit. It was incredible. I've never in my whole life been completely unencumbered. It was like everything drifted away, and all that was left was Harry and his hands and his mouth.

And fuck his cock was like a dream. Like it was made just for me and my pleasure.

I didn't want to leave and go back to reality, but I had only one more day until the weekend where I would get him back for half of it. And thank god it was only a four day work week next week, Friday being grading day, and I could do that anywhere.

I sip at my perfectly made coffee and make my way down to my classroom. I was almost there when the person responsible for most of my awful week stepped in front of me.

"You've been ignoring me." He says.

I roll my eyes, "Yes, I have. Your point?"

"As childish as ever." He sighs, "I apologized, Emma. What more do you want?"

"I would like for you to stop harassing me all the-"

"I'm not harassing you!" He hisses at me, and I see a large amount of anger hidden behind his dark brown eyes.

"I didn't mean it like that." I say quickly, flinching and looking down.

I can feel his eyes on me, "Come out with us tonight." He says flatly.

My head whips up, eyes wide, "What?" He has never invited me out with his friends after we ended. Even when we were still sleeping together for the few months after. It was always Lauren who extended the invitation when I got stuck with them at work.

"Come out. The girls have all been talking about how they miss you." He says, eyes scanning the halls around us instead of looking at me.

I cringe, "Uh, no thanks."

"What? Do you have plans for once?" He says nastily.

I hide my annoyance, "Yes, I do. Now, may I please continue on with my day?"

"Is it with that guy?" He asks.

"That's none of your business." I snapped back.

He looks at me with his cold eyes, "You know, I didn't expect you to be the type to fu-"

"Are you kidding right now, Jake?!" I ask bewildered, "We are in a school with kids. Keep your voice down and jealousy in tact."

He surprised by the venom in my voice, silent as he stares at me. Then a few minutes before I knew he needed to be in his classroom he says, "Like I could be jealous of you. Remember, I could have you any time I want. You're pathetic, Emma, so desperate for someone to give you attention you turn to the first guy you meet and screw him basically in front of everyone. You need some self-respect."

With that he storms off, leaving me pale faced and teary-eyed. I step into my classroom, only a few kids in their seats, the rest out in the hallways. I blink away the tears, mad at myself for even letting him get to me, but that's how it always was. He knew exactly what to say to me to get under my skin. That's what happens when you open yourself up to someone for two years.

I organize my desk and get out my lesson plan, starting with an hour of reading. We had started Dory Fantasmagory by Abby Hanlon, one of my favorites growing up. The kids all seemed to really like it.

"Ms. Everly?"

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by little Amber McDonald, one of my favorite students.