Chapter 1

Sierra's POV

It was another boring day at the cafe. Nothing was happening, I was just behind the counter waiting for another customer other than Grandpa Pete and Suzy that lived down the block to come in. Business was always slow and we hardly had new faces stumble into our cafe. The owner of the cafe was a friend of my father's. I consider him a father too because when my father died he took care of my family like it was his. And thats when I heard the bell at the cafe door ring. I looked towards the door to see who came in expecting another one of our old customers to come. I honestly wondered why Mark still kept this Cafe it was as old as world war 2.

"Good morning, miss" I looked up to see who called me. It was someone i had never seen here before and honestly she didn't look like she belonged in this part of the neighbourhood. She was dressed in a lemon skirt suit, the kind of suit you would see royalty wear, she carried her Gucci purse and sauntered over to where i was standing. Her hair was dirty Brown and she had sparkling blue eyes . She looked as if she was in her late 40's.

"Uhmmm, yes miss?" She brought me out of my daze.
" Its miss Bloom Ma'am, how may I help you?" I asked with the prettiest smile I could muster up. I thought that was the most accurate question I could ask her as she didn't look like a customer that would want to use any of our tea cups.
" Hi, I was wondering if you would know any Samantha Hughes? She's meant to live around here" That was my mother's name. What was a woman like this looking for my mother for? I didn't know if I could tell her the truth or not; cause i didn't know if my mum was in any kind of trouble with money lenders. Just as I was about to give her a no for an answer, my mum rushed into the cafe as fast as she could.
" Mrs. Giovanni, I'm here" Mum shouted almost at the top of her lungs. This was just becoming more suspicious as time ticked by.
The woman looked back at me and gave me a curt nod and excused herself. I couldn't stop staring at the retreating figures of my mum and this so called Mrs Giovanni. So many questions were running through my mind and the main one that was on it  was " What has mum gotten herself Into? "

I couldn't sit back anymore and i just had to follow them to where they were going. Quickly I ran to the back to tell Mark I was on my way and without him giving me a reply I zoomed out of the cafe faster than speedy Gonzales ever could. You know the saying that goes curiosity killed the cat?
Well im the cat and I'm really curious as to what my mum and this woman could be on about. I was about to get killed but i honestly didn't care the least. When my dad died I was also there with him and i was this close to being a corpse, so right now I don't really fear anything about death anymore.

They finally stopped in front of our apartment and went up the stairs. This was bad if i wanted to listen in on what they were saying I needed them to stay at an open environment where my presence won't really be acknowledged. Not knowing what to do again I remembered our apartment had stairs outside and all I needed to do was go into the house through the window of my room . I climbed up the stairs and swiftly tried to open up the window sill it wouldn't budge and then i yanked it open with extra force and got a cut on my finger from the impact. Not really bothering about the pain I walked into my room stealthily like I was some ninja on a damn job. I had finally lost my doughnuts. I could hear their voices from inside my room. I opened my door slowly thanking the heavens my room door didn't have any weird noises from being worn out. I tiptoed closer to where i could hear their voices coming from, which was the dining area. Immediately I hid myself behind a wall where none of them could see me but i could see them. Just while I was trying to get comfortable with the awkward position I was in I heard my mum say
She didnt have anything to do with that mans death. On hearing that word I stilled myself and tried to concentrate on their conversation.
" Sarah , as much as I would love to help you with that. I have something going on with my life now. I have a great job and my girls are happy again." My mum said sounding exhausted at the whole situation.
" Sam I think you have forgotten that you owe me a large sum of money. Without my money you wouldn't have been able to bury your husband properly. You know that. Just think about it, I trust you a lot and i don't want this whole thing to come out in the open. If the public finds out about this accident, they would want to eat our company alive. Please think about this okay? I just need someone that would take care of my son quietly"

"What of one of your girls?" This Mrs 'Giovanni continued . " No no no I don't want any of my girls to be involved in this kind of situation."

"Omg Sam , okay then what if i doubled the price? Say instead of 500 thousand. I'd give you a million dollars. With this you can pay off your debts and start a new life somewhere else. What do you think?"
When I heard a million dollars my eyes almost fell out of their sockets, they were practically bouncing close to the floor.
My mum took a deep breathe and finally answered " okay I'll think about it, now please would you leave? My daughters would be coming in soon. I don't want them to see you here. Sierra had already seen you in the cafe and I'd know she would have been so curious."
Well that's for sure I said but not out loud . "Sierra?" Mrs Giovanni asked. " Yes, Sierra the waiter you met at the cafe is one of the twins the younger one actually."
"Ohhh woww well I must have been blind to not have seen the resemblance. Now I look back you both have the same features." She said. That's what i hated most, the fact that I had the same features with my mum. I resembled her more than I even resembled my own twin and everyday I  feel that this is also one of the reasons she prefers my sister to me. Mrs Giovanni's voice brought me out of my reverie.
" Well Sam, I'd take your leave now. Take care. Don't forget to call me when you're done thinking about what i said. And don't forget don't keep me waiting. I'm giving you 7 days."
And with that she turned around and took her leave. Still at the same spot I was, I heard my mum say..
"Sisi you can come out now" Well curiosity did kill this cat, like I said I'm the cat the cat is me.