Chapter 8

Sierra's POV

I didn't know what came over me but i cried sorrowfully, I didn't even shed a tear when my dad died, I felt like all these tears were bottled up inside me and they were pouring out uncontrollably. I didn't know there was anyone in the room until I felt a hand on my back and with that I raised up my head and was surprised to see Luca and Mr. Gabriel there, feeling embarrassed I stood up immediately and wiped my tears hurriedly.

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't know you were back. I would have come downstairs to get you." I said trying make my voice as steady as ever. I saw an emotion I had never seen in his eyes and just as quick as it came it disappeared entirely.

"You shouldn't be up here." Was the first thing he said to me. I felt like he wanted to say more hurtful things to me but he was just quiet after that.

"Im really sorry sir, I honestly don't know why I came up into this room, I was just trying to look around and be familiar with the rooms in the house. Forgive me if I did anything wrong while doing that". I said while looking down. My eyes were puffy and red and i was honestly happy he couldn't see me this way; beat down and in pain.

"It doesnt really matter now. Don't ever came up here again it's off limits and try to keep your exploring to the first and ground floor. Do you understand Sierra." A gave him a quick response and went straight to my room, I felt like more tears were about to spring out of my eyes so i went faster than I was supposed to and i almost hit my foot on the banister of the stairs. I rushed into my room and closed the door and then face jumped into the comfort of my bed not remembering lunch or even dinner I slept and went into dreamland.

                        **********

I woke up to someone knocking on my door. When i got up i had a severe headache. Dragging my feet sluggishly  to the door, I opened it up to see Mrs. Buono.

"Dear, Mr. Giovanni has asked me to call you for dinner." I was surprised, she wasnt sure. It might have been Luca that told her to call me,probably, he even had dinner with us last night. It's probably him, Mr Giovanni wouldn't really care if i had dinner or not. Like he would say 'it wasn't really his business.' Smiling to her and keeping the severe headache I had at the back of my mind i told her I would be down in a while and she gave me a bright smile also and went on her way. Putting on a different shirt and getting rid of my just woke up breathe, I hurriedly went down the stairs to dinner. The truth was I was starving really bad. Walking into the dinning hall I saw no signs of Luca at the table, me being extra had to turn around into the hallway and look left and right to see if i would see him. I walked into the dinning hall and sat down where i always did. Opposite Mr. Gabriel and i picked up my cutlery and started eating. Once again he didn't say a word and honestly I was tired of eating in a quiet environment so i just had to open my mouth.

"So Mr. Gabriel you asked for me to be at dinner?" I said while trying to cut through my steak with a smirk on plastered on my face . And he didn't even answer he just concentrated on his meal. Well I wouldn't take defeat so i had to continue.

"Honestly I couldn't believe it. When Mrs. Buono told me to come down for dinner and she said it was you who sent her. I thought it was Luca, you needed to see how surprised I was when there was no sign of Luca in this room." And just as I said that he dropped his cutlery and looked up. Yes ,the reaction I wanted. They say never count your chicks before they hatch and then he just had to ruin my happiness with him opening his mouth.

"Lets be frank Sierra I wouldn't care if you ate or not. But I wouldn't want somebody taking care of me to die before i did and not just that in my own home too, I don't want to be called a crazy killer." The animal had the guts, I couldn't care less about what he just said the only thing going through my mind at this moment was the way he pronounced my name. It sounded like it wasn't my name honestly, it sounded different but different good; heavenly even.