Chapter 35

Gabriel's POV

Looking at her now, made me feel so relieved. Drunk or not I wanted to hear the truth from her mouth and her deciding to finally open up and confirming the truth I knew, was the best thing that had happened on this trip.

I knew she was speaking the truth just because she was drunk but I honestly didn't expect this to happen, I had in no way planned out this situation and some part of me wanted her to be sober when she said the truth but this would do, my only hope being that she remembered everything she said to me the next morning. I wanted more than anything to be with her and if she wanted that too I would be the happiest and luckiest man in the world. And I really needed her to be sober so we would talk things true rationally and as civilised adults. The truth needed to be brought to light, if my mother really was the one who sent her that message then what exactly was her plan? Why didn't she want us to be together?

Sierra was the one who helped me cope through my darkest time, she helped me know what love was again and every single day, I fall in love with her over and over again. She didn't need to say anymore, I understood her pain and her predicament and I felt angry that she had to go through such pain because of my mother. What did she say to her?

I felt Sierra loved me too but the one thing that would make me happier apart from hearing the truth from her would be hearing her telling me that she loved me and hearing her say it when she was fully aware of what she was saying not when under the influence of alcohol. But first off she needed to get to bed , so I carried her bridal style all the way to her room. She had passed out due to the amount of alcohol she had taken. I laid her down on her bed, tucked her in but I couldn't leave her like this.

I would have to stay here and take care of her, to keep my mind at ease. To protect her. I felt like I owed this much even more to her. I sat down beside her bed, keeping an eye on her. She looked so peaceful sleeping and so beautiful. I hoped more than anything she would remember tonight when she wakes up tomorrow.

Sierra's POV
Tossing and turning on my bed due to the sunlight coming in from the windows, why was it open?
I opened my eyes to find myself in my room, how did I get here? The last thing I remember having a few drinks with Gabriel last night and then what happened next?

Deciding to have a shower to help clear this hangover, I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. What happened last night? I hope I didn't do something I wasn't meant to do. I got rid of my clothes and stepped into the shower, and put on the water. The cold water came rushing out and so did my memory of last night.

"I'm so sorry Gabriel, I've been lying to you. I'm Sierra, your maid from two years ago. I really didn't want to lie to you but I had no choice, I was protecting my heart from hurt. After the message you sent to me I felt so miserable."

The memory came flooding in like the water rushing out, pouring in my skin. The truth had finally come out. But I didn't want it to come out this way, while I was drunk. How was I going to face Gabriel, should I act like I forgot everything from last night but that would be me repeating my mistake. What should I do? Just face it. A voice in my head. Tell him everything.

I guess that was what I had to do, I should tell him everything this morning, properly this time. After making up my mind, I proceeded to concentrating on the matter at hand which was having a quick shower. I needed tea or soup to clear out this hangover. And I was hoping Gabriel was still asleep, to give me enough time to prepare for the inevitable.

I had finished with my shower and was covered up with a robe. I looked at myself in the mirror, and saw black circles under my eye. This was not the time for this. I Decided to put on little makeup to cover my panda eyes. Then I decided to put on jeans and a comfortable baby blue t-shirt that had black girl magic written in small italics on the right side of the shirt. Since my hair was straightened out, I just needed to comb it in place, right after blow drying it.