Chapter 30

Sierra's POV

Getting ready for work today was the most stressful thing ever, I had just gotten off the phone with my one and only lovely sister Alexis. I told her everything that happened yesterday, she wasn't too happy about it and she demanded us to meet up. I really didn't want to but she insisted on coming to my work place and that was an absolute no no, so now I had to meet her up for lunch at Burger King which wasn't my favourite place to have lunch either.

She was straight up annoying me, why couldn't she just let this matter go? And I didn't want someone for the umpteenth time telling me what to do about my non-existent but troublesome love life. I needed to somehow get her out of my mind and hi to work. ASAP.

I was so late for work all thanks to you know who. I rushed over, into the  elevator and pushed the 3rd floor button, I was surely doomed no doubt. I rushed pass everyone giving them a quick hi and good morning, on arriving to my desk, I saw Gabriel waiting for me. Oh no.

"Miss Hughes, your late."

"I'm so sorry Sir, there was so much traffic and I didn't leave the house early enough"

"You totally ruined my day, Miss. Hughes. I had to make coffee for myself and it wasn't the best tasting and then I spilled some on my pants"

Wait, how exactly was this my fault. Instead of being the smart mouth I am, I decided to just let it go and apologize again.

"I'm sorry Sir, never again will that happen."

"You better be. So what's the schedule for today?" He asked while walking back to his office.

"Okay, you have no meetings this morning, lunch as usual and after lunch you have a meeting with Head of HR and then a dinner meeting with Mr. Valdez at The Kanz."

"The same restaurant you took Bella and I?"

"Yes sir, the same one. I wasn't the one who reserved that venue it was his secretary, told you it was the best in town."

"You did. Anyways, I need you to get Mr. Collins on the phone. Something seems off with the numbers."

"Yes, Sir will do. Anything else?"

"Please get me another cup of coffee. That'll be all for now."

"Okay, I'll be right back with your coffee " with a smile and a nod, I was out of there.

So that man in there was actually looking for me? My stomach was doing flips. How could I even tell him who I was and after I did how could we work in the same office. It was unethical for an office relationship. Sis that's if he's even interested, my subconscious deadpanned. Don't get too ahead of yourself.

That was true, I was here dreaming of a fairytale ending when I couldn't even have the confidence to tell him who I was and there was also the challenge of his mother. But why she didn't want me to be with him was what I was wondering about. What exactly could it be?

                 ***************
It was lunch time, and Gabriel wasn't looking like he was getting ready to head out. I needed him to go to lunch so I could go meet Alexis but I felt that wasn't going to happen today. He rang me from his office and told me to come in.

"Yes Sir, Is there a problem?"

"Well not really, I want you to cancel my reservation for lunch and order me some takeout."

"Okay so chicken Alfredo with a salad?" I blurted out before thinking.

"Ughhhh, how'd you know that was what I wanted." He finally looked up from his computer and his attention was on me. He looked more intrigued than I would say confused.