Chapter 10

Sierra's POV

"So you're telling me, you like your employer?" And then she screams again like a teenage girl.
"Omg Autumn, you're not meant to be happy. You're meant to give me ways to not like him that's why I called you bitch, isn't that what you do give reason. You're the reasonable one in this relationship."

"Girl, if you say he's hot and you like him. I can't tell you anything against him. Plus sisi he's rich. I know you would say you don't care about his money. But girl you have to whether you're righteous or not."

"You're seriously not helping matters b. I don't even know why i called you. You're no hel...." before i could finish that sentence, my pager rang and in a hurry I told Autumn I would call her back and then cut the call in a flash. I jumped out of my bed and went straight in front of the mirror fixed my hair and put on more lip gloss and then i put on more body spray. I smiled at my reflection and then ran out of my room. It was only when I was in front of his door knocking that I realized that I just did all that for no reason. He couldn't even see me and even if he could I knew for a fact he wouldnt even be interested In my looks. I was too plain and ordinary. I bet if we were outside and he would see me somewhere he wouldnt even bat an eyelash in my direction. Alexis was more his type. He's voice telling me to come in broke me out of my reverie.

"Uhmmm Sierra can you take a seat please?" He said once I entered into his room. I was wondering what all this was for. He never spoke to me in such a gentle manner, I was tongue tied at his behaviour. I carefully took a seat on one of the chairs around the coffee table where he was already sitting on without my help might I add.

"Im seated sir." He sighed after i made this statement. I wonder what was going on? Was i being fired because of something that happened yesterday? Recalling everything that did happen, I don't think I made any mistakes unless it was a mistake to him. I was totally praying he didn't fire me, I really needed the pay for my family and i also wanted to continue seeing his face for as long as it would last.

"Well Sierra this is about yesterday." I knew it, I was busted he was going to fire me.

"Im so sorry sir, if i did anything wrong yesterday. It was not my intention to, please forgiv...." He cut me off before i could continue with a laugh. Why was he laughing? Was all this a joke to him? Just when I thought he could be nicer than he appears to be.

"Mr. Gabriel Sir? Is this funny to you? I'm about to get fired and you're laughing?" I didn't know what powers possessed me to open my big mouth. Well every chance of him forgiving me now is out his bedroom window.

"Do you know Sierra, you're so funny. What makes you think i called you in here to fire you? Trust me if I wanted to fire you I wouldn't offer you a seat." Well he sure is back.

"So why then? Why did you call me and offer me a seat? Why are you acting different today? This is so unlike you." But I made the last statement close to a whisper.

"Keep in my mind Sierra, I heard every single one of what you said. But anyways I won't comment on it as I'm in a good mood today. If you allowed me to finish what i was saying I believe we would have been done with this conversation by now." He said with the raise of an eyebrow opting me to give a reply. But im sure that statement didn't need a reply.

"Im so sorry sir. So if I'm not being fired then what is happening to me?" I always apologise at the end. Anyways he's infact my boss.

"I just wanted to tell you thank you
Sierra. For yesterday." And then he cleared his throat.
"Uhmmm you were really a big help to me. The people in the office had started to get suspicious because I wasn't finishing up on any deals or work and i wasn't replying to any messages or emails. And I was on the phone with Luca; he was the one that told me everything. So you really helped me out of that situation."

I was perplexed. I didn't know what to say or do. A whole Gabriel Giovanni was telling me thank you. I had done some research on him and he was an Italian business tycoon and he was the most successful bachelor of his time and also I saw the part of him having a girlfriend which broke my heart. But this said girlfriend had never once come to see him here.

"Oh my God Mr. Gabriel that isn't necessary. Honestly, I really had fun doing that. It wasnt even like a favour to me. I felt like that was my job and i needed to get it complete with all efficiency." He looked me in the eyes as I said that like he could see me and he held my gaze.

"Honestly I didn't think you could do it But you did. Do you perhaps have any experience in this area?" He asked With all curiosity laced in his voice.

"Well, I haven't really gotten any jobs although I've applied to so many companies. But I have a bachelor's degree in business administration and management. Sir" I answered with my head down.

"Wow I didn't know this. That's really impressive. No wonder you knew what to do and how to do it." Did he just compliment me, Am i hearing correctly? Was something put in his breakfast or what? Why was he acting so nice. Girl, you're not at a place where you can choose; better make him keep this side of himself. My sub-conscious reminded me. And to that I smiled.

"Thanks so much sir, that means a lot coming from you." And then he smiled.

                    ***************

3 Weeks Later.

Mr Gabriel and I had made progress a lot In our relationship. Well of course, not the way i wanted it but this was still good. I wasn't at a place where i could choose. We had become friends to say the least or maybe we had become more comfortable with each other. He was no longer irritated by me and he no longer got angry. Although his arrogant side comes out once in a while but apart from that he's a good man. I wanted to know more about him but i guess we hadn't just gotten to that bridge yet but i always wonder when do we get there? And if we get there how is it going to be like?

I had been helping Mr. Gabriel with work since that day and i enjoyed it entirely. I felt like I was his P.A, like I wasn't just a maid and that made me so happy to feel that I had more worth than just helping with breakfast.

I am currently leading Luca into the house.
"Where's Gabriel?" He asked immediately he came through the door. He looked like he was in a hurry that if he didn't do this now there would be no chance again.

I pointed my finger towards the library and he zoomed pass me. Why was he so impatient and in a hurry?
Perhaps there was a problem at the office? I shrugged my shoulders and went upstairs putting the voice encouraging me to eaves drop at the very back of my head.

Gabriel's POV

I was sitting on the library couch with my eyes closed remembering the times when I would sneak into this room without grandma's consent. I was so happy as a child, I wonder when everything went wrong. I was cut of from my line of thought when someone rushed into the library. I could tell it wasn't Sierra cause i knew her scent . Well im no werewolf but she had lived with me for a month, I would know how she scented. It sounds weird but when you can't use a particular sense in your body you had to search for other senses for identification.

"Gabriel it's me, there's something I need to tell you." I didn't expect him to say what he just did cause what he said knocked me off my feet.

"Its Felicia she's getting married to Jack In 2 days and she sent you this letter."

Okayy shit is getting real. Don't forget to like and share lovelies. And also leave comments please cause i want to know how you feel about the paragraphs and chapters in a whole. Thank you. 💗💗💗
And if you know my other book UWMA I just uploaded a new chapter so go and check that out too.