Chapter 27

Sierra's POV
   I was currently on my way to my Mum's. I was excited at the same time nervous, I didn't know how my family would react to me working for my former boss especially with what happened. I don't even know if telling them is the right thing. Why did Gabriel have to buy the company I was working for. This was so annoying.

I had finally reached and immediately I wanted to go back to my apartment, my stomach dropped to my feet. I was about to turn around when my mum came out the door.
"Oh dear you're here, I though you weren't coming over this weekend."
"Well I missed you guys and I wanted to see you." We had gone inside the house.
"Uhmm is Alexis here?"
"No, she just stepped out but she'll be right back."
"I haven't prepared anything yet dear, I hope you aren't hungry."
"Uhh no Mum I just had breakfast. I'll just be in my room when Alexis gets here can you please tell her I want to see her?"
"Sure I'll do that but is anything the matter? You sound nervous."
"Uhh no Mum I'm good" I indicated with a not so convincing smile and went up to my room.

"Hey sis, heard you were looking all worried and was asking for me"Alexis Walked into my room with a smile.
She looked like she was in a better mood than yesterday.
"Yup, where are you coming from."
"Woahh, well if you really want to know I went to get some muffins from that bakery not to far from here. Mum wants to take them to work."
"Oh alright so whatsup." I looked at Alexis hoping she would open up about yesterday easily.
"I'm meant to be asking you that stupid, you were the that was looking for me remember?" She sounded nervous even though I knew she was trying to joke around.
"Lexi, you know what I mean. About that call yesterday, you sounded nervous and I knew instantly something was wrong. You never hesitate but you did yesterday over the phone." I looked deep into her eyes daring her to lie.
"That was nothing Sisi just forget about it okay?" And lie she did.
"I'm not going to forget about it okay? Just tell me. Please" Just then we heard our Mum walk up the stairs, she knocked and popped her head into my room.
"Girls I'll be going to the restaurant now." We both nodded at her and waved her goodbye. I could see it in her eyes that she knew something was wrong, nothing could get pass her easily and I'm happy she's not pestering me about it. Now back to Alexis.
"So are you going to talk now?" I asked. She looked at me and I could see her resolve was crumbling.
"Okay fine, I'm just going to tell you so you can avoid the situation okay?" I nodded my head at her response but I was so confused with what she meant by that.
"So uhmm I met someone he said he was uhhhh your former boss' friend. And he thought I was you, remember that exhibition I had in Florida well we bumped into each other and he found out my work was titled Bloom's and then he got confused and followed me all the way here to New York. He said he was looking for you. Gabriel that is and he wanted to see you." I stared at her like she just dropped some kind of bomb because she actually did, she really hated the guts of the Giovannis and I needed to tell her my own secret.
"Lexi I have something to tell you too. You know my new boss it's actually Gabriel Giovanni." She looked at me with more shock than I did.
"Whatt? Why haven't you told me this Sisi." She looked hurt but I didnt mean not to tell her I just found out on Thursday.
"Lexi, I'm sorry I just found out in thursday and I'm serious I really did mean to tell you but I didn't know how okay? I know you hate him more than I do and I thought if you found out you would make me quit my job. And let me tell you I'm not going to."
"Woah woah, slow down Sisi. I'm not angry okay? Just a little hurt that you didn't tell me immediately but it doesn't matter. I would never tell you to quit your job, I know you love it and even if I told you to quit I'm sure you wouldn't so that's a waste of time. But what did he say when he saw you, did he recognize you?"
"Of course not, remember he couldn't see me the last time we were together? And I doubt he would remember any other thing about me. So calm down he won't find out." She nodded her head but then her eyes suddenly opened up wider in realization of something.
"What if his friend sees you? He already knows I'm here and I'm sure he would be looking for you even though I told him not to, I'm sure he wouldn't listen to me. He's so annoying." That was true what if Luca saw me? I know it's not likely but still.
"I doubt he would see Lexi so be calm okay? Plus you've met him just once why do you say so strongly he's annoying." I said with a smirk on my face. She looked at me like I had gone mad.
"Omg what are you insinuating, well for your information I kind of met him again but not in purpose though. Your so called boss happened to be my most recent client."
"Wow really? The universe had to be playing some kind of game here."
"But remember make sure he doesn't find out okay? And even if he does pretend till the end" I just nodded my head as I couldn't respond to her, there was a part of me that wanted to do what she said but a bigger part of me that wouldn't allow it. But what would be would be right?
"Should we tell Mum?" I asked Alexis.
"I think it would be better if we didn't she would freak out."
"Yeah that would be the best thing to do for now atleast."