Chapter 33

Gabriel's POV

Being with her on the plane, just made me more sure of what I was feeling. She had to be the one.

If my Sierra from two years ago could have a face, I would definitely relate it to the face I had been seeing for the past month. There was no doubt in my mind she was the one.

From the outings I had with her and Bella, to her coming over to my apartment, even to the meetings she followed me to, I could sense that same energy radiating from her and everything just added up, when I lost my sight two years ago every other sense I had heightened, from smell to touch, to hearing. I needed a mechanism to cope with the lose of my sight and strengthing my other senses was just the thing and even after I regained my sight I could still use those heightened senses tremendously. My heart knows it's her it's just left for my head to accept it.

But the only question of uncertainty ringing in my mind was, why would she want to hide the truth from me? There had to be a reason for her to do this, even after I read the letter she had supposedly left me; I knew something was up and I needed to get to the bottom of it. Who perhaps didn't want us to be together? Was it truly her? No. It wouldn't be.

What I felt her feel for me had to be real, it was real but there had to be a logical explanation for all that was happening. Despite knowing the truth I didn't want to let her know I knew. I wanted her to tell me herself and explain why I never saw her after that day and I would give her time to tell me. That's why this trip was one of the best things to happen.

Going away from the normality of our day into something abnormal, even though we were still here on a business trip but it was different. This was what we needed.

That's why the fact we had to share the same room was something I considered a sign from God to bring us closer and I would fully go ahead with that plan and I won't go back to New York without getting the truth out of her whether it be willingly or by a mistake she makes, I just wanted her to tell me who she was by herself.

Sierra's POV
Gabriel had been looking at me weird since we stepped into the elevator. I wish I could read minds that would have come in handy in a situation like this.

This trip hadn't even fully started and a lot had already taken place. I guess this was for the best, I could tell him the truth easier now I guess but before all that I needed to call up the restaurant and see if our reservation was still good with all that's happening, I've been thought a huge lesson.  I looked at Gabriel again, this time I saw him smiling at me?

"What? Is there something on my face" I asked while touching my face to see if there's something that made me look funny in this situation.

"Well, you called me Sir downstairs in the lobby and I guess I'm mad at you." He said with a smile, I don't remember when people who were furious at someone had a smile on?

"Urghh, you know I was quite taken aback there so you have to pardon me for that."

"Okay, if you say so. Miss. Hughes." Miss. Hughes, I raised an eyebrow silently asking him why he decided to say my name that way. He probably understood what I said cause he answered me with.

"Well now we're even and I'm not mad anymore." And then we both laugh and almost immediately we went into a comfortable silence, the only thing cutting through that silence was the ding of the elevator indicating we had reached our floor.

We stepped off the elevator and walked towards the direction of our room, he slid the key card and then the door opened up. We walked into the room with Gabriel ahead of me.

This suite was so elegant and beautiful, I could see why it was called the presidential suite, it was more of a home than a room in a hotel. It had a modern kitchen and a lounge room. With two king sized rooms, located at the end of the corridor decorated with different beautiful paintings, my favourite one being the one of the ocean which reminded me of Florida so much. Gabriel picked a room and I took the other one besides it.