Chapter 10 - Old Enemies

"Where's Natsu and Gray?" Erza demanded to know.

"They should be back in the village by now." I answer.

"Fine in that case lets head back down."

We make it back to the small village as the sun rises.

I walk into a small tent and see Gray wrapped in bandages. "What in the he'll happened to you?"

"A jackass with a power fetish is what happened, now help me get up so I can go put a beating on the freak!"

"Hey, calm down, I promise whats on the other side of this tent if far worst then anything back at that temple."

"Yeah right Im su..."

"Gray!" Erza knocks me out of the way, and barges into the tent. "You were supposed to being them back, not join them! The same goes for you (y/n)."

"Sorry Erza." Gray bows his head.

"Master will give you a punishment when we return." Erza makes her way out of the tent with Gray and I behind her. "So where is Natsu?"

"The loud pink haired boy, went back to the temple to destroy the moon." The village elder said.

"Well what are we waiting for, lets go get Natsu." Erza marches towards to the temple, followed by Gray who has a determined look in his eye. Lucy and I both follow behind them, neither of us to happy about being forced to tag along. I stop walking when a familiar scent hits my nose, and I let out a low pitched growl.

"Is everything alright (y/n)?" Lucy stopped and asked. I ignore her as my eyes dart back and forth searching for where that scent came form. "(Y/n)?" I still pay no attention to her. I catch the scent again, and this time I caught it's trail. "Hey (y/n), wait up." I hear Lucy running trying to catch up to me.

I quickly stop, and turn around, causing Lucy to run into me. "Lucy go back, now."

She steps back away from me. "Where are you going? That guy said Natsu was at the Temple."

"I'm not worried about Natsu, he's a strong Dragon Slayer, he can handle himself." I catch the scent again. "Now go and help Erza and Gray."

"Not till you tell me what your doing."

"Someone from my past is on this island, and I'm going to find them."

"How can you tell?"

"I have a nose like Natsu." I look around me. "Now go back to the others."

"I'm not leaving you to find someone on your own, I'm going to help you."

"Fine help me by finding Natsu."

"Erza and Gray, can do that. I want to help you find your friend."

"I never said they were my friend."

"Then who is it?"

"You could say they were my parent... once."

"Like romance partner?"

"Not even close." My eyes dart to the left, when I catch the scent again. "Lucy for your own good, don't follow me." I surround myself in the yellow aura of my meteor spell and sprint through the forest, following the scent trail. The further I run the stronger the smell becomes. I snarl at just the thought of encountering them. I soon come to the end of the forest line, and find myself in an open field full of flowers, swaying in the wind, and a few small creatures basking in the sunlight. I also see where the scent was coming from. Long wavey scarlet hair, flowing with wind, and two brown eyes glared back at me. All the escaped my mouth at the sight was a hushed growl. "Irene."