Chapter 19 - Shadow Gears 4th Member

"We're Natsu and the others?" I ask Mirajane.

"He, Happy, Lucy, Gray, and Erza went to that resort Loke gave them tickets for." She responds as she wipes done some glasses. "You bummed they left without you?"

"Not really, I was just thinking about taking a job, and I don't really want to go by myself."

"Well why don't you ask one of the other guild members?"

I look behind me, and I see almost everyone fighting each other. "I think I'll pass, I'll just wait till Natsu and Lucy get back."

"Well if you're looking for a job, you could join us." I hear a voice behind me. "This job could use some heavy lifting of things go sideways, and well those two aren't much help in a fight." I turn to see the blue haired girl laughing at her comment about her friends. "So what do you say (y/n), do you want to be the fourth member of team shadow gear for the day?"

"Sure why not."

"Great!" A large smile grew across Levy's face.

"Ah come on Levy, why did you have to bring (y/n) along?" Jet groans out.

"Yeah, at least make him carry something." Droy wined.

"Come on guys." Levy nervously smiled. "We're almost there."

"So what exactly are we supposed to be finding?" I ask.

"It's a rare fossil." Levy opens a book, and turns the pages and shows me a a drawing of what looks to be a large leg bone. "It's rumored to a the fossilized remains of a dragon, and if we can find it, it will be the only dragon fossil ever found."

"If this thing is so well know about, why hasn't more people tried to find it?"

"Most people that do never come back, it's rumored that the area the fossil is in is surrounded by groups of dangerous animals and bandits."

"Makes sense why you asked me to come along then."

After another two hours of hiking through the wilderness the four of us, come across a large abandoned dig site.

"Well this is it." Levy folds her map back up.

"Thank the gods." Jet and Droy both collapse.

I pick up a scent in the air, but it seems to faint for me to worry about it, and without hesitation Levy quickly began digging for the fossil. she called for help, and Jet and Droy immediately caught their second winds and rushed to her side to help. The three of them dig for what seems like forever, and soon they all get tired.

"Hey why isn't helping?" Jet called out.

"Yeah he's just been standing there." Droy said.

"Fine if you want help, get back." I jump down, and place my hands on the ground. "Cavern Dragon's Earth Destruction." The ground shakes and cracks apart before becoming complete rubble. "Is that enough help?"

"Why didn't you do that before?" Jet asked.

"You didn't ask me to." I jump back up out of the dig site, and after about thirty more minutes of searching, Levy finally finds something.

"I found it!" Her eyes light up, like fire works, and she can hardly contain her excitement. "I can't wait to take this to a museum."

"Could you imagine all the money we could make off that thing brother?" I hear a voice say from behind us. "We could be sitting pretty for awhile."

"Why don't you give us that rock now." Another voice said. I turn to see two guys, both wearing similar dust covered robes and have a guild marks on their right hands.

"Yeah hand it over and you four can walk away, or my brother and I can take it."

"I don't think so."

"Levy worked hard to find that thing."

Jet and Droy both jumped in between Levy and the two dirt dwellers.

"You should have take the easy way." Both of them say, as the put their hands on the ground. "Iron Rock Wall!" A continuous giant wall of rocks forms from the quickly rushes towards Jet, Droy, and Levy.

The wall crumbles before it hits them, as I draw my fist back and wipe dust off my knuckles. "Why don't you two sit this one out." I crack my knuckles.

"He seems strong brother."

"No matter, Mez we are stronger them him." The bald one said.

"Right brother." The one with short black hair placed his hand on the ground. "Iron rock fist!" A fist made of rocks flys at me, but I duck it, and it crashes into the ground behind me. "He's fast to brother."

"Not fast enough!" The bald one burst through the ground, and tries to grab my arms, but I step back and side kick him, sending him sailing through the air.

"Brother, are you okay?"

"I'm fine Mez." The bald one stands back up. "Perhaps we under estimated you. This is my little brother Mez and I'm Haz. We are the Labyrinth brothers, of the Ruin Maze Guild."

"And who are you four?" Mez asked.

"I'm Jet, and that's Droy and Levy, we're the Fairy Tail guilds team Shadow Gear."

"I'm (y/n)."

"I must say you're a strong fighter (y/n), the same can't be said about your friends they seem weak." Haz said.

"Brother should you really be insulting his friends?"

"No he's right, they are weak..."

"Hey!" Both Jet and Droy shout.

"But they'd both give it everything they had to protect Levy." I smirk a little. "I have to give the some credit there. So are we going to keep fighting or do you two give up, cause I'm just starting to get warmed up, I haven't had a good fight since I kicked Jose's ass."

"Do you mean Jose Porla?" Haz asked.

"Brother, he beat one of the Ten Wizard saints, maybe we should let them have the fossil, they did find it."

"I know Mez, but we need to eat." I hear their stomachs growl.

"Hey Levy, how close is the nearest town?"

"About five miles north."

"As much as I'd like to fight, how about this instead, you guys let us keep the fossil, and in exchange I'll get you a hotel room and some food."

"Really?" Mez's eyes grow wide. "Brother can we make the deal?"

"Yes, deal." Haz shakes my hand, and we all head to the nearest town. I get them a room, and I buy them enough food to last a few weeks.

"That was nice of you." Levy said as we sat down in the lobby of the hotel we're staying at.

"I understand there struggle, I was just like them at one point, but I only had myself they at least have each other."