Chapter 12 - Fairy Tail's Twin Dragons

"What?" Natsu screamed out, as I entered the guild hall.  "(Y/n)'s a Dragon Slayer?" Natsu could hardly contain himself. He rushed to me and looked me dead in my eyes. "Was your dad a dragon too?"

"No." I simply respond. "However I did befriend a dragon when I was a kid."

His eyes light up. "How much do you remember about your dragon?"

"Her name was Izzet, The Queen of Dragons."

"So I take she was strong."

"She had no equal." I laugh.

"I'm sure Igneel could've taken her on." Natsu smirks.

"Doubtful, she was called queen of the dragons for a reason."

"Well how about this since neither of the dragons are here why don't two settle this like real men."

"I like the sound of that." Natsu cracks his knuckles. "Thanks Elfman, now I'm all fired up!" Natsu's fists ignite, but Mira jumps in between us.

"If you want to fight take it outside, okay?" Mira flashes a smile at me.

"Fine by me." Natsu smirks again.

Lucy's pov

I can't believe he'd just agree to a fight with Natsu like that.

"Yeah quite different isn't he?" Mirajane said catching me off guard.

"Huh?"

"(Y/n)." Mira gave me a questioning look. "You were just thinking about him right?"

I can feel my face heating up. "Y-yeah..."

"He's been in the guild as long as you, but yet he still feels distant from the rest of us, but close to us at the same time. It's weird huh." Mira laughed.

(Y/n)'s pov

"Fire Dragon's Iron Fist!" Natsu tires to punch me with his flame covered fist, but I move my head slightly to the left, and his punch slips right past me, and I knee him in the stomach, causing him to fall to the ground.

"I can't believe (y/n)'s winning and he hasn't even used magic yet." Some guy yells out.

"I'm done yet." Natsu stands back up, and wipes some dust off of himself. He holds his arms behind his back. "Fire Dragon's Win..."

I dash towards Natsu, and I throw a punch that connects with his face. "Shadow Dargon's Slash." Shadows erupt around my fist sending Natsu flying back, and crashing into the ground. "Have I made my point yet?" Natsu tries to stand back up. "Look Natsu, you don't have anything to prove here, Igneel was a dragon, I'm almost certain he was extremely powerful. We don't ha..."

"Shut up!" Natsu snapped catching my attention. "Of course Igneel and Izzet were both strong, but Igneel was stronger then Izzet, and I'm stronger then you!" Natsu holds his hands over his head. "Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flame!" Natsu creates a ball of fire and sends it flying towards me.
The ball of fire hits me, and I hear Natsu celebrating. "I won, see told you Igneel, and I was the stronger ones."

"Hey Natsu." Gray shouts. "You might not want to celebrate to early."

Natsu turns to see me holding, what little of the fire that's left in my left hand, before I eat the rest of it. "I don't want to burst your bubble Natsu, but Izzet wasn't a Shadow Dragon." Flames erupt from my body, as I walk towards Natsu. "She was a Fire Dragon, like Igneel." The flames coming from me grow in intensity. "And I'm a Fire Dragon Slayer like you, I just picked up a few more tricks along the way. Fire Dragon's Roasting Bath!" The Flames coming from me explode violently, burning everything that's close to me. Natsu eats some of the flames, and rejuvenates himself. I laugh as the fire dies down. "Now that you've tasted some real fire, Let's fight for real." I jump back and Natsu does the same.

His fist becomes covered in fire, as he charges at me. "Fire Dragon's Iron Fist!"

My fist ignites as I rush towards him. "Purgatory Dragon's Blazing Hell!"