Chapter 28 - True Dragconic Power

"Damn... that hurt." I stand up moving pieces of the crushed column, I crashed through, off of myself.

Laxus smirks as he wipes rubble off his shoulders. "I thought you were supposed to be this all powerful Dragon God, or was Dragon Emperor." He condescendingly laughed.

"Where did you hear that name?"

"An old redheaded friend of yours, I met at a bar outside of town, she seemed to know a lot about you." He grew a smug smile. "And she told me a lot too."

"What are you getting at?"

"I disregarded must of what she had to say, but one thing stuck with me, and that's the fact that you've been holding back the entire time you've been here."

"Whatever she told you, she's lying."

"You know that's what I thought too, I mean how could someone like you be holding anything back, I heard you even struggled to fight off the phantom lord guild, But then I noticed those bands on your arm." Laxus pointed to the three tattooed black rings around my forearm. "She told me that's how you're doing it, that they're some kind of lost sealing magic."

"You're really going to take the word of some random woman in a bar?"

"I see why not, It's a win win for me, either her info was good, and I get to beat someone supposedly stronger than the all of the wizard saints. Or I prove to the enitre guild you nothing but a waste of oxygen."

"Is that what this is about, you beating me?"

"No I'm tired of how pathetic my guilds image has become, so I'm forcing the old mans hand. Wiping the floor with you is just a bonus."

"Even if what she told you was true, my magic is sealed, how do you want me to fix it?"

"She said you could unlock the magic and remove the rings."

"To bad they're just tattoos."

Laxus shakes his head. "I figured you'd say along those lines." He pulls out a small lacrima from his pocket. "This lacrima is filled with some of my Lightning, and it's linked to another lacrima, care to guess where that other one is?"

My eyes fixate on him. "Becareful with whatever you say next."

"It's in your, little, blue haired, girlfriends pocket, I had Evergreen slip it into her shorts during that stupid contest. You're a smart guy, so I'm sure you can figure out what happens if I were to destroy this one."

"Laxus." I growl.

"So I'll give you to the count of five, to remove your limitors and show me your real power, or your little girlfriend goes boom."

"Laxus."

"One..."

"Enough, she was lying to you."

"Two... three..."

"Laxus!"

"Four..." Lightning begins to seep from the lacrima, as cracks form form Laxus squeezing it. "Fiv..."

"Fine! You want to see my power! Have it your way!" I scream as my magic power begins to surge, cracking the floor, and creating a strong gust of wind.  The first of the black rings begins to fade away, as the force from my magic power begins to push Laxus back. "Is this to much for you Laxus." Venom laced my words as Laxus smug expression melted away. "Should I stop or keep going? Do you still want to see my full power?" Chunks of the marble floor begin to break apart and fly away from me. "This is only a fraction of my power Laxus." Fire begins to ignite in the air around me.

"Y-you're just a dragon slayer how is your magic this powerful." The weight of my magic power begins to bare down om him.

"I'm more than just a mere dragon slayer, you said it yourself I'm a Dragon God!" Lightning flickers around me and mixes with the flames igniting on my hand. "Lightning Fire Dragon's Firing Hammer!" I quickly dash towards Laxus, closing the distance between us in a flash, and slam my Lightning and flame coated fist into his jaw, sending him flying through wall of the cathedral. The force from my attack was strong enough to blow away most of the wall Laxus flew through.

I begin to pant as the Lightning and fire vanish. I look down at mh arm finally realizing what I just did. "Damn it, I did exactly what she wanted me to do." I stare at the two remaining bands.

I walk over to Laxus' unconscious body. "Even holding back with just access to half of my magic power, I still damn near killed you." I sling Laxus' arm over my shoulder and head for the infirmary. Why did I get so pissed when he threated Levy? I would have gotten pissed regardless of which one of my friends he threatened, but I wouldn't have been pissed enough to release any of the seals. Do I care about her that much? My train of thought is broken with the appearance of Natsu and Gajeel.

"What come on you beat Laxus all by yourself!" Natsu whined. "I wanted to be the one to kick his ass."

"Just be glad it's over salamander."

"You didn't want a chance to fight Laxus?"

"I'd love nothing more than to shut that blonde ass hat up myself, but I'm just glad this all over." Gajeel takes Laxus from me. "I'll get him back, you two go round up the others." Gajeel nods his head as he walks past me. "Gotta say, didn't think you had in ya."

"What can I say I'm full of surprises."

Gajeel laughs as he leaves with Laxus.

"After we find everyone you and I should have a rematch from before."

"Yeah sure Natsu."

"Great now I'm all fired up!" He scream as he jumps off the roof and runs down the street.

"What do I do now, Irene knows how to get what she wants from me." I stare at my arm again for a few minutes, and take a few deep breathes. "I wish what comes next wasn't going to be so hard."