Chapter 18 - trial

After a weeks worth of questioning from the Magic Council's army, Master Makarov was summoned for a trial. "So why did you ask me to tag along?"

"Because boy, you fought against José, the council will likely ask you questions as well." Makarov stops for a moment. "But if they try to find me guilty we'll use that Wizard Saint level of strength you have, to fight and escape..." he fall on the ground laughing and rolls around. "I'm just messing with you boy." He smacks me on my back. "You should have seen your face." He laughs again, as we continue walking. After an hour or two of travel, we arrive at a large building. "Well here we are." We head inside, and a man about the same size as Makarov comes and carries on a conversation with him.

I look around, And I notice a blue haired guy, with a red tattoo on his face, staring at me. "Can I help you?" Instead of answering me he just walks away. "And I thought Master Makarov waking me up at four in the morning was as weird as my day was going to get."

"Come along (y/n), the trial is about to get underway." I sit in a seat behind Makarov, as the magic council all take their seats. The blue haired guy, from before, is one of them. Not long after the council take their seats, some guards escort José into the room.

The council talk for a few minutes, but I zone out, only to come back to reality when I'm call to the stand. "Mr. (L/n), you are a member of the Fairy Tail guild correct?" I pull up shirt sleeve revealing my guild mark. "And am I correct in my knowledge, that you've only been a guild member for roughly a month?"

"Sounds about right."

"Then tell me, why would you fight Master José yourself, unless you were told to?"

"I fought José, because he, and his guild, attacked us. I was the only person in the guild strong enough to hold my own against him, since Master Makarov was recovering."

"What was Makarov recovering from?"

"He had his magic power stolen, by Aria, of the Element Four." The guy asking me questions sat back down. "Am I done now?"

"One more question." One of the magic council members said. "Why did Phantom Lord attack Fairy Tail?"

"As far as I know, they were hired by one of our guild members father to kidnap her and take her back to him. After destroying our guild hall, and attacking three of our members, the kidnaped Lucy Heartfilia. Natsu Dragneel rescued her. Not long after that José and his guild attack us by firing a Jupiter cannon."

"That is all, thank you." I sat back down, and after a few more moments the council came to there decision. "Makarov, we find you and Fairy Tail not guiltily of any chargers. José, you on the other hand have been found guilty, and will be stripped of your title as one of the Ten Wizard Saints. Phantom Lord will officially be stripped of its status as a legal guild." With their decision made the council left, and I followed suit. Makarov stayed behind, while I headed back to the guild hall.

Finally arriving back in Magnolia I head for the guild hall. "All of them are Losers." I hear a voice say.

"Laxus!" Mirajane shouts.

"Lucy, Levy, and the other two, are all weak and pathetic losers." Laxus glares as I walk closer towards him. "They let themselves be beat up, and captured by a lesser guild. It's people like them that make this guild a laughing stock. When I take over, there will be no place for weak fools like them."

"I guess it's a good thing you won't be taking over anytime soon." I speak up catching everyone, but Laxus' attention, since he already knew I was here.

"What was that?"

"I said you won't be taking over the guild."

"You talk a big game for someone that just joined."

"That someone that just joined, did what you didn't, and fought to protect us and the guild." Mirajane stepped in front of me.

"Oh really he did, did he, what did he beat up a couple of grunts?"

"He defeated two of the Element four, and Master José." Mira said glaring at him. He grew a shocked expression for a moment.

"I guess they weren't as powerful as everyone thought if you took them out." Laxus glared at me again.

"Knock it off Laxus, we have enough to worry about without you trying to fight people." Mirajane stepped away from us.

"When I'm guild master, Fairy Tail won't be a weak guild anymore. Only the strongest members will have a place here. The rest of you can die for all I care." He, and his three goons leave, and I walk over to Mira.

"What's his problem?"

"He's Master Makarov's grandson, and probably next in line to take over as guild master."

"Explains, why he hasn't retired yet." I eat a cookie I find, that's oddly shaped like me. "What's his problem with me?"

"You pose a threat to him, and he knows it." Macao answers as he comes and stands by us.

"What do you mean?"

"You're stronger then he is, and he knows it, so even if he did try to take the guild by force, with you here you could stop him."

"Oh, I see."

"He's just jealous, don't let him get to you." Mirajane gives me a warm smile. "Thanks for saving all of us, by the way." She gives me a quick kiss on the check before she walks off.