Chapter 20 - Three Demons

I yawn as I stretch. Damn is it bad this is the best nights sleep I've had in a long time? I ask myself as I get out of bed. Guess we're heading back to the guild today. I wonder how Levy slept? she said she got the best room the hotel had to offer as I reward for turning in that fossil to the museum. I put on my shirt and jacket and slip out of the room, making my way down stairs. "Man I could definitely go for some coffee or something." I yawned.

"Here try this." a small metal can is thrown at me. I catch the can and try to read it, but it looks like it's written in a different language. "It's a special coffee that can only be found in this town."

"Thanks Levy, but this has to be expensive."

"It is, but call it your reward since you didn't want any of the jewel."

I open the can, and as soon as the coffee touched my tongue I'm overcome by a multitude of sensations. "This is..."

"Good huh?"

"It's amazing."

"They brew it using a rare bean only found in the nearby forest, and magic. The script on the can, is the spell they use. Only a handful of wizards can decipher it." I finish the can, and the writing Illuminates, rendering the can into nothing but dust.
"Impressive or what?"

"I've seen a walking fortress, a talking blue cat, and yet some how this is the best thing I've seen in this country by far."

"So since Jet and Droy haven't woken up yet, do you want to go explore some of the shops in town, with me?"

"Sure, it beats just sitting around all day."

"Oras Town, was once home to a large number of wizards and other magical creatures. It used to be an archeological tourist stop. Now it's mostly used as a tourist cash grab." Levy points towards the hotel right next to the museum. "Which is why there is some many shops and things of that nature here. When I was younger Master Makarov used to bring me here at least once a year."

"I take it back then it wasn't much of a tourist attraction?"

"No it actually used to be a lot bigger, there were more shops, more museums, they even had a small theme park."

"What happened then?"

"The mayor, was killed by a dark guild, and his replacement wanted to make the town more 'tourist friendly' so he closed a lot of the smaller shops and museums, to make room for hotels and restaurants."

"Is the theme park still open?"

"See for yourself?" Levy gestures to the large empty lot full of steel beams and other construction equipment. "The theme park was closed four years ago, and they cleared it out. They're building a casinos and new hotels." Levy stares at the lot. "The theme park was built on an old part of the archeological dig sight, they left some fossils and other things in the sight, and built different attractions around them."

"It seems like you really loved this place."

"I did, after they closed the part we stopped coming. This is the first time I've been here in four years." After we left the lot, we stopped by a few shops, and then we headed back to the hotel.

"Did you hear that?" Levy asked, as a loud sound comes from inside the hotel.

"Yeah, it sounds like a bar fight." Levy and I rush into the hotel and see a young looking woman with wavy short blonde hair, wearing a simple red bandeau top and loose pin-striped red and black capri pants with a dark jacket tied around her waist.
My eyes grow wide at the sight of her.

"Keeping it coming losers." She burps as she kicks a guy, that was running at her into three other guys that were close behind him. "B..." she burps again. "Bar keep another bottle." She danced around four guys, that were trying to hit her, as she grabbed a bottle from behind the counter. "How about a little bit of the bubbly!" She breaks the top of the bottle off and starts to pour it into people drinks. Two more people get up to fight her, but she punches both of them, and they sail across the room hitting two familiar looking people.