Chapter 21 - Stand By Me

The column of flames that erupted from August completely burned away the hotel and bar, before the flames slowly started to disappear.

"That..." you pant as you burp smoke. "Was hot." You wipe away some ash, and toss off your seared jacket. "Fighting me is one thing, August, but trying to burn down an entire town, that's going to far."

"Too far?" August scoffed. "You haven't begun to see too far, child."

With in a mere moment you rushed in front of August and kneed him in his face. "Shadow Dragon's Slash!" Shadows engulf you fist, as it connects with the side of Augusts' face. "Don't call me a child, you bastard. Don't forget who your senior is old man!"

"Ooh, you seemed to have struck the little dragons nerve." Irene laughed, before swinging her staff at you hitting you in your ribs. "But don't forget who your senior is."

August stands back up and cracks his neck. "Irene stay out of this, I'll shall be the one that brings (y/n) back with us."

"Like I said a few minutes ago..." you stand back up. "Over my dead body."

"I'll get as close as I can." Three purple rings, with ancient text written around them, appear in front of August. Soon multiple rings appear around you as well surrounding you on all sides. "Formula 100." The rings explode bombarding you with explosions of magic energy, leaving you heavily injured laying on the ground.

"Is this all you can take?" Irene question, as she stared down at your motionless body. "What happened to the kingdom conquer you used to be?"

"I... I stopped... being a monster." You pull yourself to you feet, panting and barley standing.

"Your bite used to be so much worst than your bark, now I hardly recognize you." She laughed. "Perhaps maybe if we hurt them, maybe... just maybe I'll get to see my little dragon again." Irene taps her staff on the ground three times, and with in a second a loud thud comes echoing through the ground as roots burst through the ground, and wrap around Jet and Droy's unconscious bodies, lifting them in the air.

"Leave them... out of this Irene." You growl as you pant.

"Oh well these two don't seem to be getting the job done." She taps her staff again. "Why don't we try them." Levy's pain and terror induced scream pierces your ear, causing you to snap around, to see her and an unconscious Dimaria hoisted into the air by the same roots as Jet and Droy. "Now I have your attention, either come back with us or I'll kill your new girlfriend, and just for fun I'll break Dimaria's back." She laughed.

"Put them down." You snarled.

"Are you going to do what we asked?" August questioned.

"I'll kill you both!"

"There's my little dragon." Irene's eyes lit up as she grinned.

You got a resurgence of magic power, and it flowed from you body, destroying an remnants of the hotel that was left standing. It over powered both Irene and August's magic power for a moment.

"You want to see your Dragon again?" Flames erupt from you hand. "I'll show it to you." Lightning sparks around the flames as you charge towards Irene. "Lightning Fire Dragon's Iron Fist!" You try to punch Irene, and she blocks the strike with her staff, but the punch shatters the staff and sends her sailing through a near by building. You stop you forward motion and take in a deep breath. "Lightning Fire Dragon's Roar!" A blast of lightning covered, orange and red, flames erupts from your mouth and slams into the hole Irene went through, burning straight through the building. Only a massive hole remained where your attack had struck. A shadow, wrapped around your leg, but flames burst from your leg, burning the shadow away.

August appeared behind you with burn marks on his left arm. "I will..." you hold up your right arm cutting him off.

"Irene is close to death, and Dimaria is still passed out." You turn to face August. "I will spare you and Irene, this once if you agree to leave now." You stare daggers through August as Lightning and Fire flicker around you.

"I'm not foolish enough, to not know when I have lost." Augusts skin returns to normal, and he waves his hand, and Irene's near lifeless body floats to him. He begins to make the same gesture towards Dimaria.

"Dimaria stays with me." You say catching August by surprise.

"You and Irene will be returning home, alone and with these." You hold your right arm out in front of you, and a second black band forms on your wrist, right under the first one, and the same happens for Irene, August, Dimaria. "Today is all the proof I needed to know, that even restricted our power is still to much of a threat to the world."

"You've cut our power in half, twice now. You are aware there are members of that wizard guild, that you call home, stronger than you now?"

"I'm well aware of that, but that is only a small price to pay."

Fully aware of your choice, you free Jet, Droy, Levy and Dimaria, as you make your way back to the Fairy Tail, guild hall.

August carries Irene as he makes his way through the desert.

"You truly are a foolish child, Dragon God."