Chapter 25 - The Battle for Fairy Tail Begins

"Vijeeter Ecor and Nab Lasaro, Max Alors and Waren Rocko. Even Macao and Wakaba." Contempt laced your words as you read aloud the names of the guild members fighting each other.

"This must be the battle Laxus was talking about." Happy floats next to your shoulder.

"It looks that way."

"Ahhh!" Natsu screams. "I want to be out there fighting too!"

"Quite boy!" Master Makarov's hand grows larger, and he smacks Natsu in the back of the head. "That's not the kind of thinking we need right now." He grumbles to himself for a moment. "What we need to do is defeat the Thunder Legion so the spell on the girls is reversed."

"I wouldn't worry about that."

"What are talking about Natsu?"

"Laxus, is still a member of the guild, he wouldn't kill the girls."

He puts a lot of faith in other people... I can't tell if he truly believes it or if he is truly just that foolish. You glare at the runes as they spelled out other battles. Regardless Laxus, I'll make you pay for doing this to the guild, to Master Makarov, to... Dimaria. Shadows engulf your hand and you punch the wall. As time slowly ticks away more and more battles begin and end, and eventually a voice rings out from behind you. "Laxus." You hiss as you turn around.

"Laxus you bastard!" Natsu lunges at Laxus, but he passes right through him.

"It's a projection Natsu."

Laxus begins to speak. "With Natsu, Erza, and (Y/n) unable to fight this battle is mine."

"You're forgetting about Gray." Happy interjected.

"Gray is nothing."

"Don't be so foolish Laxus, Gray is a very capable wizard, you shouldn't underestimate him." Makarov adds.

"Well that couldn't be timed better." Laxus laughs.

You turn around and read the runes. "Bickslow has defeated Gray."

"What are you going to do old man, your out of options?"

Makarov hesitates for a moment. "Fine Laxus you win." You couldn't believe what you heard. "I conceded."

Laxus bursts into a fit of laughter. "It's not going to be that easy."

"Laxus." Makarov said.

"I want you to announce your retirement publicly, to the entire city, and I want you to announce me as your replacement." Laxus laughs again. "I'll give you a minute to decide." Laxus' projection fades away.

"Master you can't name Laxus as the guild master."

"I know that (y/n)... but what other options do I have? Laxus has me against the wall."

"I don't know, but you have to think of something you can't leave the guild to him."

"I know, I'd pick you or Natsu to be the guild master, over him, but I don't have a choice."

Before you could respond a rattling noise comes from behind the bar, and someone stands up. "Gajeel?"

"Why are you still here?" Natsu asked.

"I feel asleep, and then I wanted a snack."

"We might still have a chance after all." Makarov puts his hand on his chin. "Gajeel, boy, go save the guild." Gajeel grins and jumps over the bar, and runs towards the door, but he runs face first into the barrier like Natsu and You did.