xii.

MADDY

zion and i made it into school roughly 35 minutes before the end of maths, he tried to convince me to just skip the lesson but i can't miss another lesson today so we both had to go to maths class.

when we both walked in all eyes went to us, mrs smith looked pissed and i'm not surprised, "where were you for an hour?" she asked crossing her arms over her chest, "we were with a teacher, she asked us about what happened at the basketball game" i said confidently trying to make it seem like i didn't just make that up on the spot, "why? what happened?" she questioned suddenly curious, mrs smith is always here for the tea.

"there was a fight between the two team captain"

"who's our basketball team captain?"

"caleb over here"

"i should of known"

"it wasn't my fault, he started and i finished"

"alright sit down"

we both smiled and sat in our seats, "you didn't talk to a teacher because after the game the teacher told us that nobody would be in trouble and said he was proud of zion for at least winning the fight" edwin whispered while writing notes that were displayed on the board in his notebook, "what kind of teacher is that?" i exclaimed quietly turning my head towards him, he chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.
i got my book out and started writing notes but also trying to listen to the guys conversation behind.

"why did you get called in and we didn't?"

"called in?"

"yeah, we were there too"

"oh we didn't get called in, it's just an excuse to get out of detention"

"then where were you? adam said he didn't see you in chemistry either"

"i was busy this morning so i came in late"

"busy with what? on a tuesday morning?"

"busy with business"

"what business? you don't have any business to be busy with"

"it was fun business"

"ooh that kind of business, but with who? we saw tami by herself yesterday after the game"

"why do you still think i'm with tami? i said she's cancelled days ago"

"then with who?"

"who disappeared last night?"

"tami was there, juliana was stuck with b, kelsey was with edwin, aubrey was with m- you sealed the deal?"

"sealed the deal? who the fuck still says that?"

"you know what i mean! you and maddy?"

suddenly their conversation was cut off by mrs smith, "since we have a couple minutes left you can work on those posters, but just don't be too loud i have work to do" she stated before sitting down at her desk, edwin turned to the guys while i got the poster out my bag.
i was taking my time wanting to hear the rest of their conversation.

"b you have the poster don't you?"

"yeah"

"so zi did you?"

"what did zion do?"

"we don't know if he did it yet"

"why do you need to know so badly?"

"we tell you all the shit that goes down and with who, so?"

"zion got lucky?"

"yeah and we're suspecting that's it with your best friend"