xlvi.

MADDY

it's sunday which means: dinner with the kuwonu's and i can't wait, i haven't seen zion all day however we did text the whole day about random things like we always do but i'll see him in a few minutes when him elom, mandy, prosper and sofia come round.

elom invited sofia for dinner so he wouldn't be third wheeling with zion and i because apparently we leave him out, zion said to wear the chain he bought me yesterday because he'll wear his and we can match so i agreed.

for once i don't mind dressing up and doing a whole makeup look on a sunday night, i wouldn't say i went all out for my clothes but it looks classy and cute, the makeup wasn't much too but i did a full base and some eyeshadow along with eyebrows, mascara, fake lashes and a soft red lip.

❁

i tied my hair up in a high and neat ponytail before i put the chain around my neck and spray on some perfume then headed downstairs to see the table set, the tv ready for the game and my parents nicely dressed.

while my dad helped my mom with the food to put on the table i connected my phone to the speaker and started playing songs quietly in the background but appropriate songs not like at my dad's birthday party.

"madison?"

"yes mom?"

"where did you get that necklace? i've never seen it"

"it's a chain and zion bought it for me yesterday"

"it looks expensive"

"it probably is but zion won't tell me how much it cost and says that there's no returns once it's out the store"

"why did he buy it?"

"he said he wanted us to match because he has a similar chain which you'll see in a few minutes cos he's wearing his too, it's a prom gift apparently"

my mom smiled and shrugged her shoulders, "that's how you give expensive gift, don't tell anyone how much is costs and make sure they can't return it, i did that with your promise ring remember? 20 years ago" my dad smiled at my mom while she chuckled and nodded.

i love my parents relationship, "that's because you were scared to give me the promise ring and didn't give it me for a week so obviously you couldn't return it" my mom sighed and looked at my dad with hooded eyes, i chuckled and while my dad just smiled.

then a knocking on the door disturbed our conversation so i made my way to the door and opened it to see mandy and prosper at the front with elom, zion and sofia behind them, "come on in" i smiled and moved aside before they all walked in, "damn mads" zion smirked as he walked past me, i chuckled and shut the door behind them all.