xxxiv.

ZION

i feel like utter shit, firstly because i thought it was friday but it's unfortunately thursday and secondly because maddy has been distant all day, the drive to the school we spoke for about 2 minutes when we normally talk the whole way and now at lunch she isn't talking to anyone just cuddled up to me.

i feel like something bad happened but i don't to pressure her about telling me if she doesn't want to especially if it's making her feel like this, we have maths class next so she'll hopefully be better by then.

we're all talking and laughing before jack walked up to our table and leaned onto the table, "guys the coach wants us on the court to talk" he smiled at the guys and i before he turned to aubrey and winked at her to which she smirked, "we'll be there in a minute" brandon replied before jack nodded and went off.

i turned to maddy and kissed the top of her head before she sat up and sighed, "i'll be back in a few minutes" i mumbled and stood up as she weakly smiled and turned to the girls before the guys and i walked off.

"did you see that little wink jack gave aubrey?"

"she smirked back too"

"maybe they're talking"

"or maybe they're fucking"

"nah definitely not"

"how do you know? they might of done it last night"

"impossible"

"how would you know?"

"because she was screaming my name last night"

"ok didn't need to know"

"just saying, so she wasn't with jack"

"edwin you heard something?"

"maybe but i can't tell"

"oh come on, i won't say anything anyway"

"exactly so you don't need to know"

"please?"

"what's the point though? you broke up with her meaning she can talk to and fuck whoever she wants"

brandon and i let out a chuckle while nick nodded and looked down, "well then" brandon sighed awkwardly, "wait i wanna know this, brandon and zion do you actually like nat and maddy?" edwin asked suddenly.

"why?"

"because i just want to know"

"i don't like maddy, i love her"

"but do you actually or do you just like the way she makes you feel? or just her body?"

"what? no, i mean yes that too but that's not why i love her"

"then why do you love her?"

"because she makes my heart beat faster when i'm with her and she's the only person who can make me happy in the worst times plus i love spending time with her and she's always on my mind"

"ok fair, b?"

"i like nat, i liked her before she liked me"

"so like when?"

"like when we first started talking"

"god damn edwin a whole investigator"

"i just want the best for my best friends"

"so we're bad?"

"no but zion you've made maddy feel bad about herself twice, first mentioning tami then breaking up with her without an explanation, nick you broke aubrey's heart, brandon hasn't done anything bad.. and hopefully won't"