| A SILENT APOLOGY |

You and Lucifer had had a fight about Pierce and Chloe's engagement. Lucifer was getting increasingly irritated by their relationship, yet he wouldn't tell you why. You did not understand why Lucifer hated Pierce so much, to you he seemed like a decent guy. 

The fight ended with Lucifer storming out to Lux, leaving you in the penthouse more confused than ever. Stupid things were said; something about Lucifer wanting to be with Chloe instead of you. You regretted it the second it came out your mouth, but Lucifer heard it loud and clear.

It was getting late, he probably wouldn't be coming home until the early morning. 

So you began getting ready for bed, when your eye went to one of his white shirts on the floor. The corner of your lip twitched up at the memory of last night's passionate antics.

 You put on the shirt, inhaling Lucifer's scent; a mixture of bourbon, cigarettes and cologne. Crawling into bed, you wrapped the silk sheets around you, like a cocoon or Lucifer's arms. 

You were drifting off to sleep when the elevator dinged, signalling Lucifer's arrival. You stayed in the bed, facing the opposite direction, not wanting to talk late at night in case the situation was made worse.

You heard the soft footsteps of his Italian designer shoes against the floor, getting louder as he made his way towards the bedroom. You felt the bed dip between you, a quiet sigh escaping from the devil's lips. You felt the heat from his palm on your back, his thumb softly stroking you in comfort. 

Before he could move away, you grabbed his hand silently, pulling his arm in front and around you

Before he could move away, you grabbed his hand silently, pulling his arm in front and around you. Lucifer responded by falling on the bed, pulling your back to his chest, embracing you tightly. You felt feathered kisses along your bare neck and clothed shoulder, like a silent apology. In return, you brought his hand to your lips, informing him that all was forgotten.