| IT'S ME, LOVE |

It had been a whole year since Lucifer left to resume his reign as the King of Hell.

You could remember the emotional goodbye as if it was only yesterday. 

The two of you stood on the penthouse balcony after spending the whole day together. Lucifer informed you he was going back, and you asked for one more day together. You wanted to give him a proper goodbye, show him you truly loved him.

This goodbye turned into staying in the penthouse all day. You talked, laughed, made love and just stared at each other, taking in every single small detail. 

Before you knew it, it was time. 

You both stood on the balcony, sharing one last kiss. Lucifer took advantage of your closed eyes, disappearing in a gust of wind. You collapsed onto the hard floor, sobbing for your love, not knowing when you would see him again, and that's exactly how Maze found you. 

Over the last year, you had moved into the penthouse. You wanted to stay as close to Lucifer as possible and be there in case he ever returned. Everything was exactly where he left it. 

Tonight you did your normal nightly routine; nightcap, put on one of Lucifer's shirts, spray a little of his cologne on your pillow and snuggle between the silk sheets. 

Laying silent in bed was normally when your mind wandered. You would stare at the ceiling, wondering what he was doing down there, who he was with and if he ever thought about you. You would imagine his sorrow filled eyes fulfilling the role his father created for him. Punishing those who deserved it according to his father's rules. A single tear rolled down your cheek at Lucifer having to be the Devil he wasn't.

Sleep wasn't coming tonight. 

You went to the penthouse bar, for a larger nightcap, placing the filled tumbler on a coaster on top of the black gleaming grand piano. Sitting down on the piano bench, you stroked your fingers across the dusty keys; the instrument hadn't been played since he left. 

As you took a swig of alcohol, the elevator dinged behind you informing you of someone's arrival. You dropped your head, placing the glass back on the coaster. You didn't want to deal with anyone right now.

"Whoever it is, just go." You sighed, pressing a key on the piano. "I'm not in the mood." 

"Y/N?" A hopeful voice spoke. A FAMILIAR hopeful voice. You closed your eyes in exhaustion, believing your mind was playing tricks on you. You rotated on the bench, eyes still closed and tears threatening to fall, facing the elevator.

You took a deep breath, but before you could look, warm hands landed on your bare thighs. You gasped, your eyes opening in response.

"Luci?" You cried, tears streaming down your face

It was him! The devil knelt down in front of you, his own tears trailing down his cheeks. 

Y/E/C orbs took in every inch of him. His dark curls were longer, messier and begging you to drag your fingers through them. Soot lightly dusted the smooth skin on his face, also covering the suit he wore the last time you saw him.

"It's me, love." The devil placed a hand on your cheek, causing you to let out an elated sob, using the pad of his thumb to remove the fallen tears.

You launched off the bench into his awaiting arms, crashing your lips onto his for a long awaited passionate kiss.  You couldn't believe his lips were on yours, his wrap arms wrapped round you and he was here.

The devil was back. 

The two of you stayed on the floor, embracing, for the whole night. Worried that if you let go, it would all just be a devastating dream. 

A/N: Hopefully this came across how I pictured it. Sorry, my writing isn't the best.