| THE TWO IN THE SPOTLIGHT |

This was it.

You were finally going to tell Lucifer Morningstar how you felt.

When you first met the mysterious man you were taken by his good looks and magnetic attraction.

Then, you got to know him.

He was like an onion with layers of vulnerability, charm, kindness and a craving to be accepted. The more you peeled back the different layers, the more your feelings intensified. You were optimistic that he felt the same way too based on small comments and loving glances.

Working at the precinct that day, seeing Lucifer flitter around the room with the usual skip in his step, you decided tonight was the night to tell him. You would head over to Lux in your best dress, tell him how you felt and live happily ever after.

Arriving at the hot club, you were pleasantly surprised the bouncer remembered you, skipping the line full of complaining scantily clad women. Climbing up the stairs to the balcony, you could feel the bass travel through your body taking over your pulse.

Your eyes searched through the large crowd of sweaty bodies dancing close together, hoping to catch a glimpse of the gorgeous man. You glanced to the bar, meeting the eyes of the demon behind the bar, giving her a small nod to greet her. You didn't see if she returned it, as the unmistakable sound of a piano key reached your ears, causing you to whip your head in the opposite direction. There he was, a dark shirt and matching waistcoat donned his torso, sitting at the piano tinkering with the keys.

You felt the adrenaline course through your veins at the sight of him, a mixture of nerves and excitement. A childlike grin spread across your lips at the anticipation of the moment you two would share. Your shaking legs wobbled towards the stairs. They stopped when you noticed a familiar face pushing through the crowd to Lucifer.

Your body froze. Your brow furrowed, watching the interaction between Lucifer Morningstar and Detective Decker.

Even in the shadows of the night club, you saw Lucifer's eyes darkened as he stared at the Detective sitting next to him. You observed the two out of curiosity, wanting to see where this was going.

Then Chloe leaned into him with a tempting grin on her face, brushing down his chest under the waistcoat. The Devil watched on with lust evident in his orbs, finally achieving his desire.

 The Devil watched on with lust evident in his orbs, finally achieving his desire

Your downcast eyes couldn't bear to watch the two in the spotlight anymore. Your whole body sagged in defeat as one thought circled around your mind: maybe tonight wasn't the night.

As you exited the club, you missed Maze stomping through the bodies to pair at the piano. Lucifer queried why she was so annoyed, only to receive a glass full of scotch to the face.  

A/N: Might do a part two to this one.