| BACK IN HELL |

Tiredness set in after a long night of battling your fellow demons and sending them back to hell. The evening's events made you realise that purgatory needed a leader for all the troublesome lost souls down there. Unfortunately, there was only one King of Hell and he is currently living on Earth.

After stumbling into the penthouse and grabbing a drink, you and Lucifer stood on the balcony in the darkness, admiring the lights of LA. You leant on the metal railing, trying to regain your strength as your eyes took in every detail in front of you.

You stared at the magnificent architecture of LA, taking in all the different shapes and sizes. The buildings were lit by the vivid colours of neon signs and the golden glow of the street lights. There were hardly any people walking around at this time of night, so the bustling city was oddly peaceful.

Silence took over the Devil next to you, his hands turning white from gripping the railing so tightly from anger. He felt angry towards himself, his minions and most of all, his dad. You wanted to help him, so you placed a gentle hand on top of his to try and ease his tension.

You could feel his dark gaze on you from the affectionate action, causing a small sigh to escape from your lips. He reached out towards you, caressing the small of your back in comfort, making you take a few steps back.

Lucifer followed your movement wondering if he made an error with his gesture, but then he noticed your facial expression. A mixture of grief and panic was evident in your watery eyes, the tears attempting to escape. You brows were low as your mouth opened and closed trying to find the words to voice how you felt.

Instead, you opted for two words.

"Say it." You demanded, standing across from the devil. His brows furrowed in confusion for a second before raising in realisation at what you were hinting at.

"Y/N, I..." he began, his voice barely a whisper. You took a step forward, closing the gap between you two.

"Just say it." Your back straightened, wordlessly telling him you were serious.

"I have to go back." 

You waited a beat, allowing his words to sink in

This was actually happening.

"I know" You stepped forward, closing the gap between you and the Devil, gently laying your hand on his coarse stubble covered cheek. Your heart broke at the sight of him leaning into your palm with his eyes closed in sadness, watery tears threatening to fall. At that moment, you decided to join your King... in Hell.

You inhaled deeply, closing your eyes before you said anything, scared of your love's reaction. "I'm coming with you." Your voice barely broke the silence between the two of you. You gently opened your eyes to see the shocked facial expression of the Devil, gawking back at you in disbelief.

"Y/N, I can't ask you to do that."

"You're not." You placed your palm on his other cheek, holding his face in both your hands. "I'm not leaving you." You said with gritted teeth as the emotion you had been trying to hold in, finally unleashed. You could taste the salty tears on your lips as you spoke. "I chose you. It's always been you, Luci and I'm not leaving you. I will go with you to the ends of the Earth and I will go with you back to the depths of Hell." A sad smile graced Lucifer's handsome face. You used the pads of your thumb to wipe away his tears that escaped.

Whilst your hands stayed on his tearful face, the Devil wrapped an arm around your waist, closing the gap between you two. Lucifer crashed his lips against yours, showing every ounce of love, passion and gratefulness he had for you in this one action.

One of your hands tangled itself into his wavy locks, getting utterly lost in the kiss. Lucifer pulled you into his body, holding you tightly, never wanting to let you go again.

The rush of wind deafened you slightly and blew your hair in all different directions. The kiss between you paused as the cold air crept under your clothes, causing goosebumps to decorate your skin.

You both slowly pulled away, eyes opening slowly not daring to look at your surroundings only each other.

You were back in Hell.

Lucifer's hand around your waist went limp, his whole body sagging in surrender from returning to the role his father wrongfully assigned him.

No words were exchanged between you two. His brown coloured orbs, normally filled with excitement and spirit, were permanently fixed to the soot-covered concreted below. The man in front of her was a sorrow-filled shadow of the Devil she knew.

Your eyes stayed on Lucifer, following him when he took a step forward to place a tender kiss on your forehead and then skulking away to take his place on the throne.

You could feel your heartbreaking in your chest, a dull throbbing ache that only increased as you glanced around Hell.

Your eyes went to the stone throne in the sky, overlooking the entirety of the Devil's 'kingdom'. He tried his hardest to appear confident and that he belonged up there, but she could see through his hard exterior.

The Devil was officially back and he was going to hate every second of it.