| ANGELIC FOETUS |

You were reading another book, making your way through Lucifer's expansive library at the penthouse. Comfortably lying on the bed you shared with the Devil, one of your soft hands unconsciously stroked your protruding pregnant bump. The doctor ordered you to stay in bed for the last month of your pregnancy - your body exhausted from carrying an angelic foetus

Every day was now the same - force Lucifer to go to work, watch tv, read in bed or sit on the balcony gazing at the view. The days were getting predictable. So predictable you could literally countdown to the second when Lucifer would enter the penthouse.

3... 2... 1... Ding! Enter the Devil.

Lucifer would normally head to the bar for a drink after a long day of solving cases and then come check on you. You were pleasantly surprised to see the handsome man skip the drink, collapsing on the bed next to you. 

You watched him quietly as he dragged his body toward you so he could rest his head on your shoulder. A sleepy sigh left his lips as he tenderly placed his hand on your t-shirt covered bump. He didn't say a word, his dark eyes concentrated on his hand and its movement. 

The two of you relished in the peaceful stillness of the sweet moment. It was at least a couple of minutes before Lucifer's voice broke the quietness.

"Y/N?" His asked softly. You tilted your head to look at him. "Do you think I'll be a good father?"

"What?!" You sat up straight, causing Lucifer to glance up at you, leaning on his elbow. "Of course!" His stubbled cheek felt rough on your soft palm as you caressed it lovingly. "What's bought this on?" 

"The case today made me think about dear old dad and my childhood in Heaven. I just don't want him or her to ever feel the way I did." His eyes went back to the hand on your stomach, avoiding your gaze whilst he was exposed. 

"Lucifer, you're going to be an amazing father because everything you ever wanted from your dad - you're going to give this child. They're going to be so spoilt, loved and lucky to have you as a father."

The Devil peered up at you with watery orbs. "Really?" Before you could reply, you felt a small kick against your stomach, exactly where Lucifer's hand laid.  He looked down, trying not to cry at his unborn child already giving him reassurance. 

"Does that give you your answer? They already love you

"Does that give you your answer? They already love you." A light chuckle escaped his lips as he bent down to lightly kiss the bump. Turning to you, he leant forward pecking you on the lips, muttering a 'thank you' against your mouth. 

The strong man placed his head back on your shoulder, enjoying the rare times he let his guard down. Your fingers brushed through his short curly hair, simply observing Lucifer and the awe for your angelic foetus