| THE MAN IN QUESTION |

To say you were shocked when you received a call from the LAPD was an understatement. A Detective Decker requested you came in for questioning at the precinct, your anxiety immediately raising after the phone call.  You had no idea why they would call you but you had no choice - they needed you for a case.

You strolled into the manic police station, trying to find out where you needed to go. A friendly officer guided you to a long line of women that ended at an interrogation room - you seemed to be the last one. 

One by one, the women in front of you were summoned into the interrogation room, leaving 10 minutes later. Your leg bounced apprehensively as you sat waiting for your turn, eager to see why you were called. 

The doors to the interrogation room opened slightly, a blonde woman poked her head out calling your name. You followed her into the dark grey room, sitting at the empty chair opposite the woman. 

"Hi Y/N, I'm Detective Decker. Thank you for coming in at such short notice." The woman said in a very stern voice - all work and no play. The Detective wanted to get this over with, probably because she had been doing this all day. "I just need to ask you a couple of questions about your relationship with Lucifer Morningstar."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. "Lucifer?" This was about Lucifer?!

"Yes. Now, you spent a night him?" Decked got straight to the point, ignoring your questioning stare.

"Yes?" You answered slowly, unsure why you were called in.

"But the next day, Lucifer was with another woman, so did that make you jealous?"

"Excuse me?"

"Well, because he basically used you for sex and moved on. - Did that bother you?"

"He didn't use me for sex."

"I think he did. That's normally what one night stands' entail." Detective Decker was making notes, not bothering to look at you.

"We didn't have a one night stand."

"Oh?" The blonde woman glanced at you confused, guessing she had called the wrong person. She flicked through the pages on her desk, examining the list of names Lucifer gave her.

"No, we were together for a few years." The Detective stared at you in shock; her eyes wide and eyebrows raised. She gave a small side glance towards the large two-way mirror beside you - housing the man in question

Decker shook her head to escape her daze. "I'm sorry when was the last time you saw Lucifer?" She leant forward on the desk.

"It's been a couple of months, I guess." You asked hesitantly, worried about what Lucifer had done. 

"Really? So, you haven't slept with him in the last month or so?" Decked wanted to clarify.

"No." You stretched the word out. "Is that why I was called in here?" 

"Yeah. I asked him to make a list of the people he had slept with recently - your name was at the bottom." Chloe stated, sliding the page round to show you your name written in beautiful cursive. 

You stared up at the Detective, but your eyes quickly snapped to the mirror behind her. He was here. You could feel his gaze on you, overwhelming and confusing your emotions. You weren't ready for this. 

"I'm sorry, I have to go

"I'm sorry, I have to go." You leapt from the chair before the tears could fall. Quickly walking out the room, towards the stairs you came down.  Taking a deep breath to calm yourself down, you were so close to the exit when you heard his voice.

"Y/N!" Lucifer shouted, gaining your attention and everyone else's in the precinct. You gently swung around to face the Devil, gazing at you with a forlorn look in his dark eyes.

 The gawking of nosey officers made your skin burn and Lucifer's stare made your heart ache as it felt like the room was closing in on you. You had to get out of there.

With one last look at your old love, you ran up the stairs to exit the station. The tears had fallen and months of attempting to get over the Devil were abandoned.