ROGERS POV

we get back inside and I can smell his candles again. they're not burning right now, but he burns them so often that the smell is pretty much in the air permanently. I sit down on his bed with my legs crossed. he walks in with a blanket, a bowl of popcorn and his laptop. he throws the blanket over me and sits next to me. "alright. what movie should we watch?" I ask. he scrolls through all the movies he has. "something scary... the shining" he says. I nodded my head in agreement. the start credits start rolling and the theme music starts playing. just then, my phone chimes from inside my pocket. i pull it out and see that its a text from my brother.

WHERE ARE YOU YOU LITTLE TWIT??

Oh sorry... at a friends house. what do you need this time?

didnt we fucking tell you to wash the car and scrub the washrooms?
also where the fuck is your car? you better not have smashed it, and tried to hide it. if you did, i swear im going to fucking KILL you!

"ohhh.... ffUCK!!" I almost yelled as i read the texts. "brian im so sorry, my brother needs me back home. do you think you could take me back to school to get my car?" he looks at me for a second. "yeah... s- sure" he says as he pauses the movie and gets up. "w- what does he n- need you f- for?" he asks as we walk out of his condo. "oh... just housework, as always..." I say. we walk in silence the rest of the way down to the bottom floor. we hop on his bike, and he rides us down to school so I can get my car. "well... see ya later bri" I say as I open the car door. I can already feel the hot air inside of it from sitting in the sun for so long. he waves to me and says a quick goodbye as he turns around and bikes off in the other direction. I start the car, roll the windows down and head home.

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

"roger... I thought we told you to wash the car and scrub the bathrooms... WHERE WERE YOU??" my dad scolds me. I try to avoid eye contact, but he grabs my jaw and turns it to face him. "where... were you?" he asks. "i- i was at a friend's house" "yeah? which friend." he says. "no- it's nobody..." i say. he lets go of my jaw. "I can't go on that date tonight with my car looking like shit!! and what's this?" he asks, pointing to the giant bandage on my face. I had almost forgotten it was there. "oh... i... i..."  "WELL, WHAT IS IT??" he yells at me. "i- got into a- a fight..." I say. he slowly backs away, and turns around. "I want all 4 bathrooms cleaned, and the car washed by 3:30. thats in 2 hours." I shrug and drop my head, knowing that I'll probably get beaten up by either my dad or my brother since I can't clean 4 bathrooms and wash a car in just 2 hours. might as well get started. I go outside to wash the car since that's the easiest thing to do. also i kind of like being around it. I fill some buckets with soap and water and a sponge to clean my dad's car with. my car is my mom's old car since she doesn't ever drive it. she rarely ever even leaves the house. my car is a pretty old car... probably a 1984 model. it wasn't working when we bought it, so my dad made me fix it up and get all the new parts with my own hard earned money. I soak the sponge in the soapy water and start scrubbing the car sides and windows. how the fuck does he manage to get it so dirty? there's bird shit all over it, and mud all over the bottom. I keep my car pretty clean. ive also painted it a light blue, and put silver trim on it. I think it looks pretty cool. as im scrubbing the car, the only thing on my mind is brian. I don't know why, but I can't seem to stop thinking about him. how tall and handsome he is, how beautiful his hair is, how perfect and elegant his body is... my hand starts to slow down as I start daydreaming about brian. God he's so hot! I love his pretty hazel eyes, and his perfectly imperfect smile. I like the way he stutters too. its cute. "HEY WHY'D YA STOP!! GET BACK TO WORK YOU BITCH!!" I hear my brother screaming at me from the top window. im surprised he isn't concerned that the neighbors might hear him. I scrub faster, trying to get this one spot of bird shit off this car.

♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️

I start scrubbing the second bathroom when I check my watch. 3:30. oh fuck, im screwed. maybe if I just continue working they won't notice. i refill my buckets with soap and water to start cleaning the inside of the shower when i hear my dad yelling from downstairs. "done yet roger?" he yells. i stay silent, and continue scrubbing. "DONE YET??!" he screams. I shrug, and take a deep breath, knowing what's to come. "NO! DAD IM NOT!" I say, about to go lock myself in a cupboard so he can't find me and get to me. I heard the front door open, and then hear my dad yell. "ROGER!! I TOLD YOU TO CLEAN MY CAR!!!" I roll my eyes. "YEAH I DID YOU BLIND DUMB IDIOT!!" I regret saying this. "I TOLD YOU TO WASH IT INSIDE AND OUT YOU LAZY BITCH!!!" oohhhh fuck... i think about what to say for a second. "SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE SPECIFIC THEN!!" I scream at him. "ROGER GET DOWN HERE!!" he screams, and i don't respond. "I SAID GET DOWN HERE!!!" i drop my sponge back in the bucket of water, making it splash everywhere. I slowly make my way downstairs. he points to the spot next to him by the door. i walk over to where he asks me to stand, then he quickly pushes me out the door and orders me to clean the entire inside of the car. "roger I swear if you don't get this car cleaned up by 4:00..." he says as he slams the door behind him. its 3:30. i cant clean the entire inside of the car that fast!! I knew this would happen. I open the car door and see what he's left in there for me. there's trash all over the floor and something really sticky spilled on the seat and in the cupholder. i start cleaning it, because what other choice do I have at this point. i gather all the trash thrown on the passenger seat and on the floor and put it in a garbage bag. I feel like it would be a good idea to dump all this on his bed while he's on his date. he goes with a different girl every time, and not only that, but he's still married to my mother! i brush all the dirt and grind out of the seats (what the actual fuck does he even do in here to make it do disgusting) and i scrub all the sticky stuff out of the cup holders, and off the dashboard. I don't think any car deserves to be treated like this. the car didn't do anything...

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

I gently close the front two doors and make my way to start on the back seats, and the trunk. just then, i hear my dad yelling out to me. "TIME'S UP ROGER, YOU'D BETTER BE DONE, OR SO HELP ME!" i look down at my watch and realize that 30 minutes has passed. I squint my eyes in fear, and slowly bring my arms closer to myself. I hear him storming outside, then i turn to face him. iI look down to the floor because i know i'm about to get beaten up again. "what the fuck is this?" he asks, pointing at the disgusting mess inside his car. "it's the disgusting mess you made" I reply, regretting what I had just said. "YEAH THE MESS THAT I TOLD YOU TO HAVE CLEANED UP BY NOW!!" he screams at me. I shudder, then he slammed me onto the inner frame of the car door. he pushes me right onto the corner of it, and I can feel all the lock hinges digging into my back. I clench my teeth in both rage and in pain. "WHY DON'T YOU EVER DO WHAT I ASK YOU USELESS MISTAKE PIECE OF SHIT- WE SHOULD HAVE ABORTED YOU WHEN WE HAD THE CHANCE!!" he screeches at me. I opened my eyes just the slightest bit, and he punches me in the gut, really hard. I double over and squeal in pain. then he pushes me over. I fall down on my back, and puts his foot on me. "im taking your car. where are the keys?" he says, putting more weight onto me with his foot. "m- maybe if you'd let me get up i could give them to you" i say from on the ground. he takes his foot off of me and I got up to go get my car keys. I can still feel where my back hit the corner of the doorframe, and where he punched my gut. i get up, and slowly walk over to the front door, still doubled over in pain. "WELL SPEED UP THEN WONT YA!!" he yells at me, throwing his hands up in the air. "wELL mAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T HIT ME SO HARD I ACTUALLY COULD GO A LITTLE FASTER!!" I yell back at him, eyes squinted, and arms crossed. he doesn't say anything, and I continue walking (i picked up the pace a little bit) I get inside and go get my schoolbag from my room. I get my car keys out of it, and hand them to my dad. he swiftly snatches them, and heads off down the stairs, and out the door. my back still really hurts so i go into my room to try and take a look at it. i go over to my mother's washroom and borrow her small mirror that she never uses and I took off my shirt. there's a couple bruises from where i hit the door hinges, and a line where i hit the corner of the door. i put my shirt back on, and flop down on my bed. i figured i'd text brian since he seems to be the only person i can talk to about things. i sit up in bed, and pull out my phone.

sorry this one took so long 😬😬😬