ROGERS POV

@itsametephorbrian you get a shoutout cause ur always early :)

theres some personal story time at the end of this chapter :)

I slowly make my way over to the principal's office, and she points to a chair for me to sit in.

She takes a deep breath. "why?" she asks. I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out. "i- w- was defending someone." i manage to form the words.

"who?" she asks. "umm... two other... kids..." i explain to her. "WHO??" she snaps. "Richie Tozier and Eddie Kaspbrak... didn't you see Eddie on the ground?" i ask her. "yes I did, but kicking someone with a wooden shoe is never ok!!" she scolds me. "HE WAS PICKING ON THEM FOR-" i stop myself there before i can say anything i'll regret.

"FOR WHAT ROGER, SPIT IT OUT FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!" she yells. "i... i didn't see... all i saw was the kid pushing them over... and they're my friends, so i had to do something."

🦟🦗🦟🦗🦟🦗🦟🦗🦟🦗
(thats time jump now ✌️🤠✌️)

I sit next to Brian at that same cafeteria table in the back only this time we're accompanied by Richie and Eddie at the other side of the table.

"so... both our parents decided that we're going to be moving away again..." Richie explains to us through a mouthful of pasta and coleslaw salad.

"r- what? why?" brian asks, taking another bite of some weird vegan BLT. "they say its just as bad as derry and it would be cheaper if we just moved back." Eddie says. "Derry's actually way way worse... i mentioned that weird ass pedo dude who mopes around in a fucking clown suit right?" Richie says, still eating his coleslaw.

"yeah you mentioned him." i say, eating a slice of avocado toast. its got an egg on it, and brian isn't too happy about this.

"the only thing thats really consistent is the fucking homophobia... thats the only fukkin thing thats the same over here as in Derry." Richie explains. He's honestly a bit of a nerd.

"so... w- wh-en would y- yuh- you be muh- moving if you w- were to move?" brian asks in his super stuttery and very cute voice. "oh... probably next 2 or 3 weeks... since more than half our stuff is still in the boxes anyway, and our houses haven't been sold yet." Eddie says.

Suddenly, this VSCO girl who's been looking at me strangely finally walks up to me. "hey roger!" she says in her super cheery and somewhat creepy and annoying voice. i think her name is Anjelica... but ok. "i saw those kids picking on you... just letting you know, dont listen to them" she whispers in my ear and with this, brian looks at me in total shock and horror.

A/N AHH ITS SHORT BUT Y'KNOW I GOTTA GET THE UPDATES OUT AHHHH!!!!!!

also im making it sad now :) i have a sheet full of key events i want to put in this story and i've just turned one of them and so now we can get into the really depresso ones as we turn more keys and whatnot :)

also anjelica is named after this little swine in class who thinks john lennon is from the 80s. she also thinks brian is an ugly asf rasin even as a 20 year old. she also gets mad at me for expecting her to know who The Beatles are (she doesnt know who the beatles or queen are) she thinks old music sucks and makes fun of me for listening to old music, dressing like its the 70s and quote on quote 'not being normal' she also says im seeking attention when i try to ask for help with my depression and anxiety disorders. she also made fun of me when i asked what the fuck OVO is. she also likes to ask me for help with shit in class and since im so nice, i help her... (im that one super introverted girl who gets good grades but never studies) and when i help her by explaining concepts to her, she still doesn't understand, so then i go "ok. anjelica... please for the love of god explain to me why you STILL don't understand this after i explained it to you... i don't even know how many times." (only i stutter aLOT.) and so she goes "wHat aRe yOu caLLinG mE srUpiD?" and then i go