RICHIES POV

(yes i'm doing more reddie)

Eddie and I had just moved here together all the way from Derry. its pretty far away. we were supposed to move into our new houses last month, but there was a bit if a delay, and now we start school one week late. Eds and I were lucky enough to get houses on the same street, so we can visit each other as often as we want. i like eddie, but im not sure if he likes me back. he's been hinting it... but this still might be one sided. my mother somehow convinced his mother that it was a good idea to move here, and away from Derry (which is a shit hole if you asked me. there would always be this homeless pedo dude who moped around in a clown suit, and kidnapped little kids. i guess thats why my parents saw it fit to leave. there were also these homophobic assholes who would always chase me up and down a bridge everyone calls 'the kissing bridge' They would scream 'WERE GONNA GETCHA YOU FOUR EYED FAGGOT!!' and scary enough, he would chase me (and sometimes Eddie too) around with his switchblade. his name was henry bowers. i was excited to finally get out of that smelly ass sewer shit hole, and get to someplace new.

i ride my bike up to Eddie's place. its hot, and its humid, and theres no wind whatsoever. i sit there on my bike as i wait for eddie. i see he's already gotten his bike out, but im pretty sure he's still inside. "bye mommy!" he calls out to his mom as he opens the door and closes it behind him "hey spaghetti head!" i call out to him from the road, waving to him. "dont call me that richie!" he yells out, as he gets on his bike. he rides it down the driveway, and stops beside me. "alright then eddie the eagle." i say, scruffing his hair. "DONT CALL ME THAT EITHER!! now look what you've done richie! you've messed up my hair!" he says, attempting to fix it. "come on eds, school wont wait for us" i say as i start down the road on my bike.

we approach the school, and we stare at all the people. i notice one boy with long blonde hair (more of a spaghetti head than eddie is) running up to a really really  tall kid with isaac newton hair, and then hugging him really really tight. the tall kid nearly falls over. "look at these two kids richie. it looks like they think they live in the 70s. haha!" Eddie says, nudging me with his elbow. i humm in agreement, then we cross the road to get to the school. the bikerack is full so we lock up our bikes on a stop sign instead... it isn't like anyone would steal our bikes though... they're really crappy. We enter the school, and my eyes are almost burning out of my skull. the wall colours are so ugly. eddie seems a bit shy, so he grabs me arm, and walks closely behind me. a group of kids stares at us. the way they stared reminds me of how a kid Patrick Hockstetter stared at us when we were kids. then one day he went missing, and was presumed dead. strangely enough, this kid looked almost exactly like patrick hockstetter. only with shorter, more normal looking hair. i continue down the hallway, and then we're pushed up against the lockers. (by none other than Patrick hockstetter's look alike) "aight guys... looks like we got ourselves another set of FAGS." he probably thought we were gay, because of the way eddie was holding onto me. normal best friends dont do that. I figured i would try what worked on henry bowers. every time i said this, he usually wouldnt beat me up. "oh yeah? fukken homophobes, beat me up then. bloody up my nose. BREAK IT IF YOU CAN! shatter my glasses! make the glass disfigure my face! COME ON PUSSIES TAKE A SWING AT M-" Before i could finish, the kid takes a swing at my face, i fall back and my head crashes against the lockers. i let out a scream in pain as i hold my hands up to my face, and (surprisingly) i start crying. fuck this hurts. "that'll teach you queer. being a fag isn't something to be proud of." patrick 2.0 says as he struts down the hallway with his friends. "you ok rich?" eddie says, crouching down beside me. "do i look ok eds?" i say. "i dont know... you've been better..." "yeah no shit... oowww fuck this hurts... he broke my glasses didn't he?" i look down the hall, and see none other than the actual spaghetti head, and isaac newton walking up to us. "you alright? he hit you pretty hard. let me see your glasses. maybe i can do something about them" actual spaghetti head says. he's got a pretty thick british accent, and a really raspy voice. i hand him my glasses and now realizing that they're covered in blood. he wipes it all off for me, and picks out all the remaining bits of glass, since when the lense broke, it popped out of the frame. a small kind gesture... "name's roger by the way... roger taylor... and you?" he says his name like Rogah Teilah because his british accent is so thick. "Richie... Richie Tozier." the young looking isaac newton gets some tissues from his bag and hands them to me. nuh- need these?" he asks. he's got a thick british accent too... only his voice is softer. he stutters like my good friend from Derry, Bill Denbrough. he used to stutter so bad that we called him Stuttering Bill. i take the tissues from him, and start soaking up all the blood that i feel flowing down my face. i touch the tissues to my face and then look at them. they're already covered in bright red blood. i squint my eyes at it. everything is just blurred together now. "muh- my name's brian.. im- brian may." he says, as he hands more tissues to roger. god does he stutter. "we didn't get your name" roger says: i cant tell where he's looking, but i think its safe to assume he's looking at eddie. "this is eddie. i call him spaghetti head sometimes though." eddie elbows me. "shut the fuck up richard!" im covered in blood here you bitch, dont just elbow me. my face is pretty clean at this point. im going to go use the washroom sink to clean it better... maybe i'll use it as an excuse to miss science class which is what i have first period. Eddie has Math first period. "you ok using only one eye today? roger asks me, handing me my relatively clean glasses. i take them back, and put them back on. "well... do i have a choice?" "i like your hair brian" eddie compliments brian's hair. he looks pretty awkward as he just slightly nods, smiles, and mouths 'thank you' we all get up, and head back to our lockers. could eddie be into him? he never compliments me like that... nah... he couldn't possibly be into young, isaac newton haired, giraffe, british, stuttering bill. could he?