BRIANS POV

That was it... roger just got up and left... we say down, he got a text from his dad, got up, and asked me to bring him down to his car. As I was biking back to my place, I remembered how roger said that his parents are super abusive when he doesn't do something right. What if he was being called home because something wasn't done? i stopped my bike right there. right smack in the middle of the road. roger is about to get beaten up again!! i said to myself. I figured i should do something about it... but what could i do? nothing. thats all. i slowly bike back to my place thinking about roger, and only roger.

᯽᯽᯽᯽᯽

"hEaHAHA! tHeN i'LL hUfF aNd i'LL pUfF aNd i'LL bLoW yOuR hOuSe iNnnN—"

i crunch my popcorn loudly as i watch the famous The Shining scene where Jonny axes the bathroom door down.

"hEEEErES jONNY!!¡"

that one part where the knife comes down and cuts his hand always seems to disturb me. i'm not quite sure why. i hear my phone chime from my pocket. i pause my movie, and see that its a text from roger.

roger
Hey bri :)
im ok :)

good. what happened??
what did they ask?

oh, nothing...
they just wanted me to wash the car and scrub 4 bathrooms...
in only 2 hours.

what the fuck rOGER!!
and what happened??

i didnt finish it...

AND THEN,
then what happened??

i was scrubbibg the third bathroom... and then my dad starts screaming at me...

THEN WHAT???

he gave me 30 minutes to completely gut and clean the inside of his car...
which actually looked like a landfill...

._.

and then he punched my gut and pushed me over, and then took my car keys.

are you ok atleast???
im worried about you rog :(

yeah im fine... just a bruise, thats it...

thats it???
the fact that your own dad did that is actually not ok.

relax brian im fine.

roger no you're not.
get your ass over here, i have more popcorn.

and how am i getting there?
my dad took my car. hes going on a date, and cheating on my mom.

._.

yep.
so you just let me sit here and drown myself in my own depression.
ok?

WHAT THE FUCK ROGER!!!
you need to get out of there.

roger? im still here...
roger answer me.

i start to worry more and more about roger... first he's getting beaten up at school... and now he's getting beaten up at home... and he seems really depressed. i lay back in my bed and slip my earbuds in. i shuffle some songs, and Imagine by John Lennon comes on. i close my eyes, and listen. "imagine all the people, living life in peace." imagine... only imagine. why can't it be a reality? why can it only be in my mind? why can't i do anything about all this? i open my eyes and skip this song because its making me think depressing thoughts. Tiny Dancer by Elton John comes on, and I close my eyes again.

"Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band"

"Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man"

"Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand"

"And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand"

sorry this one was short asF. next one will be longer i promise :)

and really fucking depresso too. so be prepared. get tissues or whatever you need.