**ARCHIVED** 𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐑

I finally finish scraping ice off of my dad's car after salting the driveway and waiting for all the ice to melt. I heard footsteps coming towards me and i turned around.

There stood my father with a pretty angry look on his face. "one, hour." he said, staring me down. It's pretty intimidating as he is much taller and stronger than me. (though not as tall as brian)

He grabbed my arm making me drop the ice scraper as he dragged me into the house. He dragged me down the hall to the door to the cellar. (yes i live in a very old house, i have a cellar)

He pushes me down the stairs, making me trip and almost land flat on my face. luckily, i saved myself by putting my hands out to catch myself.

My father then slammed the door shut and locked it.

It was cold and wet and dark in there. the only light source being the tiny dirty window covered in cobwebs on the other side of the small room.

I ran back up the stairs and pounded on the door.

"HEY!! HEY!! LET ME OUT OF HERE!! YOU'RE INSANE!! LET ME OUT! YOUR'E CRAZY!!" i scream from behind the cellar door.

"i gave you one whole hour to de-ice and you couldn't even do that YOU USELES PIECE OF SHIT!!" he says back to me.

I go back down the stairs accepting the fact that i'll be down here for some time. I find a dry spot on the floor and sit down.

This is valuable time being wasted here. a whole hour of my life, just thrown away.

There isn't anything down here in the cellar. just a couple planks of wood propped up against the wall, and a metal hose pipe coming out of the wall.

Every 2 seconds or so, a drip of water would form on the tip of the metal pipe, growing bigger and bigger, and then it would fall. drip

and then another would form... drip

and then another... drip

I sat there listening to the drops of water drip from the pipe for about 30 minutes or so. i had been regularly checking my watch, but that had been making the time pass slower.

I stood up and walked up to the tiny cobweb-covered window and looked out of it. I couldn't see much, so i grabbed the sleeve of the old raggedy grey and white plaid shirt i had been wearing and tried to get rid of some of the dirt to see better.

I wasn't so sure what i was expecting to see as the outside of the window had been covered in ice and snow.



After i felt as if a whole hour had passed, i checked my watch... and it had. an hour and six minutes to be exact. I ran back up the six or seven stairs to the door, and pounded on it again.

no answer.

should i break the window? there's no way anybody's gonna let me out of here.

Just then, i heard my dad speaking with my mom in another room.

"we should just keep him in there... i know! its a great way to keep him out of our faces..." i hear my dad say. "and we'll just let him out when we need him!"

"how is he going to survive? he'll need food and we'll need someone to do all the housework." i hear my mom reply. Theres some silence before i hear my dad again.

"that doggie door we had for max 7 years ago. we'll feed him through that." i hear him say.

THEYRE GONNA KEEP ME IN HERE FOREVER??!!

"What about school?" my mom asks my dad.

"Martha, that's not going to do anything for him... we'll just pull him out." my dad says. "I fUCKing told you that you should have just taken that DAMM PILL when you were pregnant... just leave him."

I pound on the door again, this time, almost hard enough to knock it down.

"NO!! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME IN HERE!!!" i scream, almost starting to cry.

"SHUT UP!!" my dad screams to me. "YOU USELESS PIECE OF TRASH!!"

I back away from the door and mope down the stairs to that little dry spot on the ground in the corner. I crouch down and i don't even realize myself crying until i nuzzle my head in my arms and feel all the tears spreading in my shirt.

I figured texting brian would help, so i reach into my pocket and i remember that my dad has my phone.

I begin to quietly sob there in that tiny cold little corner in the cellar trying to think of a way out of this situation.

when my dad lets me out to do housework i could find my old iPod and use it to talk to brian while im down here.

i could sneak as many sweaters and jackets down here as possible.

BUT HOW WILL I BE FREE?

I stand up and grab the two dry wood planks and lay them out. im gonna have to sleep on something.

Hours passed and it was now 9:00pm. i tried to go to sleep on the two tiny wood planks but as soon as i lay down on one, a nail that had been sticking out of it dug right into the side of my arm.

I almost screamed, but stopped myself. atleast it wasn't bleeding.

i turned the plank around and slept on the other side instead.

I shivered in the cold. The cellar was the coldest at night. especially in the winter.

after hours and hours, I eventually fell asleep.

._.