BRIANS POV

I slowly mope down the hall to the kitchen after lazily grabbing whatever shirt my hand touched first and putting it on. It was an AC/DC shirt. i also put on some faded flare jeans.

"good morning brian" my grandmother greets me. this is probably the first time she's been up early, let alone been up at all in about 2 weeks. "why do you look so sad?" she asks. "and what are those red scratches all over your face?"

"what? nothing... j- just t- tired... thats all... and... the cat... was angry." she turns around to face me. "well would you like some coffee?" she asks, reaching up to get a mug from the top shelf. of course she's too short. "umm... brian would you help me get these?" she asks. i get up and bring one mug down from the top shelf.

"you don't want anything brian?" she asks. i shake my head. "well ok then..." she says, putting on the kettle to make herself some tea.

I open up the fridge and grab a jar of peanut butter and a spoon. "what in the world are you doing with that brian?" she asks. i throw myself onto the couch, completely ignoring the question she just asked me.

I open the jar of peanut butter and start eating it.

᯽᯽᯽

as i pull up to school on my bike, the first thing i see... Roger and Anjelica... walking side by side.

my face grows red with anger. i feel like i should probably do something to myself to calm myself down, but... there are people around and i can't let them see what i do to myself.

🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋

"bye roger!" anjelica calls out to roger as she shuffles down the hall. i stand behind roger as i listen to anjelicas stupid and extremely impractical 9inch platform stilettos on the floor tiles.

One of the heels lands in a crack in between the tiles and she nearly falls over.

Roger turns around, not knowing i was there behind him. "wow... brian what happened to your face?" he asks. i had been getting looks all morning for them.

"oh... n- nothing... j- just my c- cat..." i lie to him. "oh... well... wh- how did that happen?" he asked me. "oh... i- i was h- holding on to her t- too long and sh- she c- c- clawed me."

"oh... well don't do that... i dont want you getting your face all screwed up." he says. i hummed in response. i haven't even looked at myself in a mirror yet. i hope its not that noticeable.

I head into the washroom when nobody else is inside and i look at myself in the mirror.

Three big red scratches right down each side of my face. i stare at my reflection in shock. how am i going to hide this??

i look inside my bag for something i might be able to use to cover up my scratches for the rest of the day... but as i expected, i found nothing.

i'll just have to try and hide my face from anyone for the rest of the day. Roger's already lost interest in me, so now where do i go? Richie and Eddie have already stopped coming to school to get ready to move away again.

I exit the washroom with my head down, trying not to let anyone look at me.

🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋

The bell rings signaling the end of the school day. i had eaten lunch alone at the back table as Roger was sitting with Anjelica. i feel so alone.