A mini rewrite (yanderexreader)

"(Y/n), be a dear and get me water, please."
The male, sitting cross-legged on a director's chair requested.
His gentle yet masculine voice compliments his fitting looks

You nodded and made your way out of the studio. Mumbling apologies as you accidentally bump into film crews.
A smile graced his lips as he sees your form scutter away.

"...why did you hire her?"
The smile suddenly turned into a neutral, straight line. Slightly curved downwards, it was not obvious that it was a frown.

Aware of the mood change that question has caused, the asker felt mild panic.

"N-not to say that there is anything wrong with your choice! Just genuinely curious as to why were they chosen from the rest."
The male refused to answer, the line on their rosy lips did not curve upwards or downwards.
His gaze remain blank, trained on his overlapping hands on his lap.

The silence between the two was awkward, Caecilius can't bear it.
He admits that he hold an ego twice as big as the world but he can't bring himself to lash out at Lanette.

He stood up from his chair and walked to the other side of the studio, to avoid feeling embarrassed.

"Ah thank you, that is all I need for now."
Caecilius turned his head to see who is Lanette talking to.
He was thanking you, Lanette's aura was completely different from the one given out to Caecilius.

He was smiling sweetly, affectionately ruffling your hair. God, he wished that he was you.

Huh? But you don't seem to enjoy the touch at all. You looked quite uncomfortable.

'What an ungrateful cunt',
muttered Caecilius, of course quietly.

He saw you walked out of the studio again, this time, Caecilius followed you.
He paused for a while when he saw you leave the building through the back door.
'Still an hour left to spare before the next recording session.'
Caecilius glanced at his luxury wristwatch.

You were spotted near the dumpster smoking.
Both Caecilius and you made eye contact.

"What a great day, don'tcha think? Want a puff?"
You extended your hand, offering your cigarrette.

"What is it do you have that made Lanette hire you?"
He bluntly asked, ignoring your previous statement.
You shrugged.

"...I had some experience in bartending and retail, I guess?"
Caecilius raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe its also I was hired from some... backdoor agency? I dunno. I know I was a strugglin' bummer until I signed up for some shady job, just to find out I gotta be some famous dude's secretary."

He snorted.
"Ha! As if I would believe your lies. He would never dirty his hands."

You shrugged again,
"Look at me, I don't even have a highschool diploma and I look like a Manhattan crack whore. I am a nobody. Yet I got hired by a... A1 actor, a rich man? Pretty fairytale-y if that happens by luck."

He was surprised, then the rumors about Lanette having some affairs with the illegal market might be true afterall.

"Don't think your job is easy as it sounds."
Caecilius crossed his arms.