Plants

"I...what the f-"
A small flowerpot, with the basil plant growing out of it appeared on your doorstep

This all started when you first noticed a lush, flower bed growing on your lawn. You were horrified as the flowerbed was obviously constructed by a human.

New bricks were placed in the shape of a 6 x 6 feet square, a few decorative elements such as miniature wooden benches were placed in appropriate places.

It was impossible that the flowers grew on its own, it seems to be transplanted into your lawn by hand.
"Who would just come to my lawn and build...this? And how did they do it in a span of a few hours?"
You thought to yourself. It appeared overnight.

As any rational person would do, you asked around. Hoping to find clues on who is this 'mystery' gardener is.
To your disbelief, no one had a clue. No one saw or heard anything suspicious in the middle of the night.

Unbelievable! You knew you have neighbors that would stay up at ungodly hours just to gamble on their patio, how did they not see anything suspicious?

It was very unnerving, you finally muster up all the courage to report it to the police.
It was ridiculous, you were reporting that someone was tresspassing on your property just to build a flowerbed overnight.

You remember explaining that to an old, balding officer. He was trying to stifle his laugh. God, you were embarrassed.

It then went to the newspapers, your face heat up when you read the headline:
"LOCAL RESIDENT SHOCKED TO FIND THEIR GARDEN FINALLY CARED FOR BY A MYSTERY GARDENER."
You felt like they were making a fool out of you and your situation.
Soon, the flowerbed started to expand. Bricks were displaced and added to cover more area.

Now its not only flowers, but various vegetables and fruits too.
Friends and family teased you about it however you found nothing comical about this.
You had a gut feeling that this wasn't going to end very well.

And you were right.

You didn't feel right eating the fruits and vegetables, so you gave them all away to your neighbours.
They all commented on how healthy and fresh they were.

A neighbourhood watch was set up, however the efforts were futile.
Cameras conveniently 'lost signal' at 2 in the morning, volunteers 'fell asleep', microphones had 'static' and so on.

This was treated as a laughing stock until you decided to reclaim some of the space by removing the bricks and uprooting the carnations.

Once you pushed your shovel into the dirt, you felt like you hit something hard. It couldn't be the pipes, right?

You unearthed whatever was buried,

Then you screamed.

Scream, scream and scream until you passed out.
The next thing you know, you were in an interrogation room. Bleak, cold and unforgiving, surveilance cameras were placed in the top corners and a digital voice recorder was in front of you.

You truly felt like a criminal in those freezing, slightly rusted handcuffs. You are innocent!

"I told you! It wasn't me! It was that goddamn mystery gardener! That bastard was puttin' all those b-bodies in my yard!"

Now everyone knew why the vegetables and fruits were so succulent.

There were at least seven decomposing bodies and a stray spine. Their clothes were removed beforehand, hence the challenge in identifying them.

You were held in your holding cell for a few nights , awaiting your trial.
"H-how the hell did they...seven bodies in a few hours? And the construction of the flowerbeds too? No way this was done by a single person... hey! Why were there no witnesses?"