Cat

"Oh my god! Where is it?! Where is it?!"
Your cousin squealed as she steps into your home.
You scratched the back of your head, where is it?

"C'mon! I wanna see the cat you adopted! Cats are sooooo cute!"
She grabbed your arms and shook you.

"Hold on, I never said it was a cat! I told you that it looks like a cat but... I don't even know what the hell did I took in..."
You mumbled the last part to yourself.

"Aww but it's fuzzy and a teeny twiney baby right?! Show me please!"
Her voice rose to a higher pitch.
Your cousin really have an obsession for cute animals, mainly felines.

Once she found out you owned a pet for a few months, she had to visit you although it was a 12 hour drive.

"Okay, okay! Let me go to find it!"
She lets go and you ran upstairs.
"Crazy bitch."
You thought to yourself.

The door to your bedroom creaked open, the only light illuminated the dark room was from the hallway.

"H-hey buddy..? You i-in there?"
You slowly stepped in.
No sign of a furball yet.

Until you switched on the lights.
"Gah!"
You jolted when you saw a 'cat' staring with it's eyes...or the lack thereof.

It was standing right in front of you, if you took another step, you would have kicked it.

It opened its mouth to let out a low, demented 'meow' which sounds like a distorted audio of a trumpet playing the lowest note in the musical scale.
It wasn't too loud, but loud enough for you to hear.

Quite disturbing to see that it does not have any teeth or tongue, just a very dark hole as a mouth.

It doesn't help that its fur was as dark.

"O...okay bud. Could you... uh, follow me downstairs...? Please?"
You did some hand gestures like pointing downstairs and to yourself.
You felt like it was sapient to some degree, and probably understands few human gestures or the English language.

Though it  does not possesses eyes, (instead, it has two deep, holes that looks bottomless) it seems to react to visual stimulus.
For example, when it was asleep, you shone a very bright light into its eye... er... holes in attempt to understand its anatomy.

The light from your torch did not reflect back on anything. It was just pitch black.
The intense light woke it up and made it 'meow', it then moved away from the light source to sleep in somewhere darker.

Back to the present, it trudged past your legs. Its tail was straight and stiff, like a pole was attached to its rear.

Every time its paw landed on the ground, it produces a sickening crack and squelch. You inspected around its feet to see if it stepped on something.

It was clean.

But where did the squelching and squishing noise come from? This truly is a weird creature.

Every movement it makes, it produces a sound similar to a bag filled with gelatin and shards of ceramic being squeezed.
It just... doesn't behave like any animal you have encountered before.

When it reached the stairs, it sat down and turned its head to you.
"I thought only owls can do a 360 head turn..."
You scratched the back of your head.

It 'meowed'. Now at its loudest.
"Oh uh... would you like me to pick you up?"
It painfully dragged itself to you.
You sighed and picked it up, running down the stairs.
It was a very uncomfortable feeling to hold it.

"...what was that NOISE?"
You heard your cousin asked from the kitchen, now less excited.

"Uh, it was erm... my cat? I guess thats the nearest description I can give."
Your cousin emerges from the kitchen with a worried expression and her arms crossed.