neighbour

You live in room 4002.

You have this one neighbour, that lives in 4001 is a real creep to you.
To majority of the residents in your apartment, he is cool, mysterious, devilishly handsome, a stoic beauty and other adjectives of the sort.

You agree he is arcane and a pleasant feast for the eyes, but you just do not agree that he is nice to be alone with.
To you, every encounter with him is like playing russian roulette. Most of the time, it's not too bad, but there are times he would perform very suspicious acts.

Like staring at you through his window as you pass by.

You shiver at the thought of it.
The worst thing is, his unit is right beside you, the only thing separating you from him is a fairly thin wall. You could hear what goes on in his room and he could hear what goes on in yours.

You couldn't count the times where his heavy breathing woke you up in the middle of the night.
His footsteps or other movements were eerily silent, he doesn't blast music loudly. No clanking of utensils in the afternoon either.

It is as if no one lives next to you, however, his breathing was incredibly loud. As if his mouth was just right next your ear.

You can't confront him for breathing, that would just make you seem rude. So you invested in earplugs.

"I should give that cunt an inhaler... maybe he'd do something about his asthma."
You frequently thought about this at night as you cover your head with a pillow.
You were impressed, even with the earplugs and the pillow, it still feels like he is breathing on your neck.

He don't seem to be a fan of talking either. You understand though, girls would swoon over him.
Once they had a taste of his baritone and husky voice, they would pester him to give them that sweet, sweet ear candy.

You tried avoiding coming home late at night. His questionable schedule of standing in the poorly lit hallways made him seem like a traditional, western ghost.

He has a pale complexion with no imperfections. Just like a porcelain doll.

It doesn't help that he has mid-back length platinum blond hair and light, blue eyes. He also liked the colour white too.

-

You came back at ten in the evening, exhausted and bleary eyed.

The lamps flickering lamps were enough to send you a cold chill down your aching back.

Dragging yourself to the fourth floor, you screeched and tripped backwards upon seeing him.
All dressed in white.

He faced you and his pupils dilate, most likely from an adrenaline surge.
You could clearly see the increase in diameter of the black dot in the middle of that pale dish he calls an iris.

His eyes reminded you so much of a camera lens and it spooked you to no end.

It made you scream more until you passed out from stress.

The next morning, you found yourself in an unfamiliar living room, on an unfamiliar couch, wrapped in an unfamiliar blanket.

But listening to a very familiar... breathing.

You shot up to see him staring at you with those beady eyes.
You checked your watch, which you were glad was still on your wrist.
You abruptly got out of the couch, thanked and apologized to him for any inconvenience caused, then bolt out of room 4001.