Killer reputation

SUPER BIG SPOILERS FOR MY BOOK: "A Bouquet Of Red Flowers, Just For you"

Explanation: this is the direction that im going for, initially i didn't intend for that book to be a plotless, fluffy, slice of life book. Well, eventually its going to go in this direction, so this is a mega spoiler

this is like, in the middle of the book, so it won't make sense if yall don't read the start of it

Actually, even for those who read from the beginning wont get it because this will be the largest plot twist or something haha i dont know im not good at story telling

So at one point, this entire thing will be copy-pasted onto that book

Read at your own risk!

——

You took a deep breath and positioned the (f/c) harmonica over your lips. Slowly and steadily, you blew into it, producing a soulful note.

The keyboard and drums behind you start to play, accompanying your powerful, musical part. You let your mind free as you play and dive deep into your passion.

This is what you would do on most nights, playing your harmonica in this no-name bar. It's not like anyone pays attention to you, the patrons in this venue are all masked. No one wants their identity to be discovered, that's extremely dangerous.

This bar is special, it is a place where many organized crimes take place, it is a place where you can purchase or sell illegal goods, it is a place where the law held no meaning, it is a place where memories are never retained.

Being the background musician here is a blessing and a curse at the same time. It's... mainly a curse because you don't get recognized for your music, you don't get paid for your music, no one wants to 'be friends', you're mostly ignored and you are forced to wear a generic mask to conceal your identity.

Well, a plastic mask that does not cover your lower face, that is.

But on the other hand... greater chance of gaining a 'customer'. No, you do not sell your body nor do you sleep with them. You sell dead bodies.

It's simple, you are a contract killer. No one would have guessed with that odd physique! But, you are one of the best in this town.

Hm, years and years of living with two other skilled assassins really paid off, huh. You wonder, where are they now? Are they still looking for you or did they give up?

You hope that they gave up, you love this new freedom! You get to go anywhere without them hovering over you. You get to have fun without them fretting over your safety. You finally get to talk to girls.

Though, you would be lying when you say that you didn't miss them. You miss Carnation's cooking and Solace's origami.

But the cons of going back to them outweighs the pros, so if they ever find you again, you are going to resist. Even if it means them killing you at the end, because you would rather die than to lose your freedom again.

You parted your lips from the musical instrument as the drummer struck his last beat. It's the end of your performance and no one batted an eye or gave a polite clap. You quietly stood up from your stool and bowed before calmly exiting the stage.

The drummer and keyboardist remained on stage, toggling with their smartphones.

You wish you had a sophisticated smartphone, but you don't make enough money to afford it and you don't have the heart to steal one for yourself.

You shook your head ever so slightly as you walked into the back room.

You did not notice that two menacing figures were whispering with each other as they subtly gestured towards your retreating form. They both tied their hair up into a neat bun, one had a more feminine build than the other.