Illegal trafficking (IDEA)

"How much for that?"
You asked the seedy man next to you.

"Oh-hoho! Wonderful choice! He was 'used goods', but still functional and has a pretty face after a few fixes. Only for a low price of a hundred thousand."
The man sniffled and rubbed his greasy forehead. You know
You stare at the creature in the glass cage.
It was uncanny, the creature looks exactly like a human male with ghostly white locks.
The only thing is, it's lower part of the body wasn't human, it's more akin to an albino snake.
You grimaced at its condition, covered in bluish-purple bruises.

Looks like it wasn't fed for quite a while too, its scales are dull and its face was sunken in.
"Can he really... be of any use to this operation? Damn higher-ups, givin' me a pitiful budget."
Huh, seems like it has an eye infection too, with pus surrounding its lids.

Its either it doesn't have enough energy to react or it had grown accustomed to this torturous lifestyle.
"Poor thang, labeled as used goods too."
You shivered at the thought, every 'used goods' have gone through some type of hellish treatment.

"So? Do we have deal?"
The man wringed his calloused hands in anticipation.
With an uncomfortable expression you glanced at him.
"If I was given a budget of 100K's then yeah." You bit back your tongue.

You looked at the state of the creature. It's lifeless eyes staring at you.
You scratched the back of your head and started pacing around the room.

The man, growing impatient each second, taps his foot against the floor.
You inhaled and started to speak to him again.
"Listen, rich buddy. Handsome man, great guy, macho brother, friend."
You halted your pacing and look at him dead in the eye.

With that, you gave a toothy smile and sweetly said:
"I can't afford it, sorry."
He lost it, he couldn't take it anymore.

"You... couldn't afford it!? Then you wasted five hours of my life, showing my catch! And you- you can't even afford this worthless piece of trash!?"
He angrily pointed at the creature in its enclosure.

You shrugged.
"Gee, guess it is that way then. Goodbye."
The man's angered expression drastically changed into a desperate one.

"Wait- no! Please! I'm sorry! L-let's talk about the pricing!"
He latched onto your sleeve.

"Business not going so well, huh?"
You smirked at him.
His ears turned red once again, but he dared not to lash out.

"Fifty! I'll settle at fifty thousand!"
You rubbed your chin and nodded.

"Hmm, I'll think about it. In the meantime, I'd like to uh- shop around."
It was somewhat fun doing this, but you were still cautious, he could injure you anytime.

"Wh- No! Thirty thousand! Please, I need the money!"
His voiced cracked.

You pretended to consider it,
"Ehh... stilll, too high. Ten thousand and you got yourself a deal."
The man gritted his yellow teeth.

"Fine! Pay up!"
You took a stack of money from a pocket of your heavy coat and handed it to him.
He examined it closely to verify the validity of it.

Then, he pushed a button on his remote control. Grumbling curses and giving you unhappy stares.

You? You were happy that you managed to spend within budget and have eighty thousand dollars leftover.
The glass casing was lifted, exposing the wounded creature.

"All yours. I ain't transporting that crap for ten thousand. Now, get the hell out!"
You lifted the creature by its arm, slinging it over your shoulders.
It had a bit of energy left to somewhat support itself, which you were grateful for.
"This is going to be one big pain in the ass to rehab."

———
Light penetrated its eyes, or, eye.
The infected one was treated and covered with a cotton gauze.
It lifted its arms up to see it was covered in bandages.
It then realised, It was sold to someone again.

Terrible, terrible memories from its past owners were still fresh in its mind. Not wanting to face it again, it started to panic and hyperventilate.

Although all its parts were aching, it squirmed out of its unusually comfortable bed and started frantically searching for an exit.
You understand that it is not thinking rationally, it was to be expected from 'used goods' afterall.

A half-snake is quite dangerous when deranged, so you had no choice but to watch it from a surveilance camera.
You leaned back onto your office chair, you had to start all over again.

"Argh, it was already though as shit to work with three. Now I gotta restart the whole process again. Wish I had an assistant or some help, too bad, the big guns are damn cheap."
You groan as you pulled your cheek down.
You checked the clock.
You sighed, while waiting for your new subject to calm down, you should check up on the others.

———
The familiar 'beep!' made all entities in the containment unit turned their head towards the door.
You, with shaky arms, pushed the heavy door open.
"Lets hope they aren't too excited-!"
Before you could even step foot into the room, something caught you by the arm and soon, you found yourself hovering in mid air, wrapped in a pair of strong arms.

"Damn it Bird! Put me down!"
You reprimanded.
Its slitted eyes glinted in a mischievious way and actually lets go of you in air.
"Ah. Didn't think this through."

You screeched as the ground gets closer and closer until something soft and fuzzy broke your fall.
You landed on a large, fluffy tail. It resembles a fox's but way bigger in size. Around the size of an average human, hence it was able cushion you.

You grunted as you propped yourself up, only to be tightly embraced by the tail's owner.
It nuzzled your neck and wrapped your body with its soft bushy, tail.
"Okay that's enough, you freakish Cat."

Hurt washed over its human-like face. You were surprised that it understood you.
Before you could say or do anything, an emerald green, muscular, scaly and extensive appendage wrapped around your waist and yanked you towards its owner.
It gave you a kiss on the cheek as its tail coiled around you.

The three creatures whom you have named 'Bird', '(freakish) Cat' and 'Snake' were rescued and rehabilitated by you years ago.
They were feral at first, similar to the newest albino subject you just acquired.

After that, you didn't know what went wrong (or right). They somehow 'clicked' and were sexually attracted to you.

You were never good at giving names, so you just name them 'Bird' due to its enourmous, golden feathery wings that enables it to fly.

'Cat', because it has a plume like tail, protruding out from its lower back and has three pairs of cat-like ears, poking out of it's head.
To you, the excessive cat ears on its head looks ridiculous, so you couldn't help but sometimes call it freakish.

And 'Snake'. Because it has a lower body of a snake.
"Hm, didn't think this through. What the hell do I call the new one? Snake The Second?"