Chapter Four

Harry felt the bile rise into his throat as the Alpha turned to growl at Draco. Harry felt his legs give out and watched as the two Alpha's have a staring contest. Draco's growl was dark and ricocheted off of the walls of the pub while the other Alpha cowered.

"Run off now or I'll show you what a pureblood can do." Draco's tone was so sharp it really left no room for argue. The strange Alpha bowed slightly before he took off back to the pub with his head down. Draco closed his eyes and took in a couple of deep breaths before opening his eyes. Harry felt his heart freeze when Draco's smile was accompanied by longer canines than usual. Harry's drunken mind couldn't make sense of how that happened when the only time it should've was when they claimed their mate. Harry began to panic.

"No," the Omega choked out moving to sit up on his feet. "I-I might like you but that doesn't mean I'm ready to be your mate," Harry felt drunken tears spill past his lashes and onto his cheeks. Draco's smile flattered and he covered his mouth with his hand. Did Potter just drunkenly confess to him? "Please don't mark me," Harry sobbed out and Draco felt his heart break.

"I don't plan to. Sorry purebreds have problems controlling their fangs," Draco stuck his hand out to help the Omega up. Harry hesitantly took it and once he was pulled up he crashed into Draco's chest. The Omega sobbed and sobbed his body shaking and Draco rested his chin against Harry's head and rubbed circles on his back. "You're fine," the Alpha cooed and Harry could smell the calming pheromones wafting off of him. He relaxed in a few minutes and pulled back still wobbly on his feet.

"I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble," Harry spoke slurring slightly. "My mind has been mush lately with you and Dragon its a lot to take in." Harry looked up into Draco's grey eyes. He felt himself fall into them those so regal grey eyes they reminded him of- "You have Dragon's eyes." He spoke and Draco's heart stopped. There's no way the moonlight on his eyes really gave it away to Harry. Draco lifted his eyes to the moon and said a silent prayer to the god. "Dragon's eyes are prettier though," Harry hiccuped and Draco's brow furrowed. This Omega was a grade a idiot.

"Who's Dragon?" Draco feigned ignorance. Harry turned to walk to the main road the Alpha followed him.

"He's my wolf thing," Harry spoke watching his feet carefully as if when he looked away they'd disappear.

"Wolf thing," Draco scoffed to himself as the two kept walking. "Do you fear him?" Draco found himself asking before he could bite his tongue. Harry paused in his walking to think.

"That relationship is a lot like ours," Harry spoke softly. "I don't fear you but I sure as hell don't entirely trust you either." Draco felt his hope die in his chest. "But, if given the chance I could learn to trust you," Harry spoke not glancing at Draco before he took off walking again. His gaze never left his feet again. Draco followed as blush crept up onto his cheeks and smiled softly. "Do you have any pets?" Harry asked and Draco mulled over his thoughts.

"I had a German Shepherd once," Draco spoke the dog's face dancing across his memory. "I'd wanted to name her Luna but mother changed it to Artemis." Draco bit back his laughter. "My mother wasn't the best with Greek Mythology." Draco finished his thought and lifted his gaze from Harry.
"She died of old age second year," Draco said softly and Harry stopped walking. The Omega turned to face Draco and walked into the Alpha's chest. A soft hug was given and a apology whispered. Draco felt like his heart was going to implode in his chest. Harry pulled his head back and locked eyes with the Alpha.

"Can I try something?" The Omega said slurring and his face ablaze. Draco nodded for fear his voice might scare him away. Harry leaned up on this toes and closed his eyes and Draco followed suit. Harry pressed his lips against Draco's softly and pulled them away at the shock of electricity pulsing through the two. Draco opened his eyes and so did Harry and thought he was going to die on the spot. Harry's drunken face widened in surprise.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean-" Harry's face scrunched up in pain as he pulled away. He lurched forward before bending over and retching onto Draco's designer shoes. Harry retched and retched and Draco froze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you get caught it'll ruin us all Draco," Harry woke to a unfamiliar feminine voice.   "Just because you think he's your fated doesn't mean you can almost expose yourself."  Harry felt his head throb as he kept his eyes closed tight.  The Omega had no idea what happened last night but he remembered leaving with a strange Alpha.   

"I'm not an idiot and have you forgotten who you're talking to. I'm the Prince I'll have you know."   Draco's voice was sharp and caused Harry's heart to skip a beat.   Wait- why was he in the Slytherin dorms?  Harry sat up against his raging headache and opened his eyes.  A short red headed women stood in front of Draco and seemed to be pissed off.  

"Malfoy?"  Harry asked squinting and looking for his glasses.   The Alpha cussed and turned to face Harry.   "Why am I here?"  Harry asked finding his glasses and slipping them on.  

"We'll talk later," with that the woman left and Draco groaned. 

"You don't remember last night?"  Draco asked pulling off his night shirt and walking to his dresser.   Harry blushed and looked away. 

"No, nothing but the strange Alpha."  Harry spoke softly.  

"Well I had to save your arse."  Draco spoke slipping on a dress shirt.   "Then while you were drunk we talked while I did my best to escort you back but,"  Draco paused mulling over his own thoughts.  Deciding it was best to leave the kiss out of the story he grabbed his tie.    "You threw up over my shoes and then passed out and I had to carry you home."   Harry felt a shameful blush cling to his ears and the back of his neck.

"Sorry," he said softly.   Draco laughed and waved the apology off.

"You know for an Omega you're heavy."  Draco spoke slipping on a different pair of shoes from yesterday.  

"Why didn't you take me back to my dorms?"  Harry spoke pulling himself up from Draco's bed and putting his own shoes on. Thank god the Alpha hadn't changed his clothes.   

"That damned portrait that's why."  Draco spoke his teeth slightly clenched.  Harry couldn't hold back his laughter as he stood up. 

"The almighty Draco Malfoy was put in his place by a painting?"  Harry wheezed taking small steps closer to the waiting Alpha.  "I can't believe it oh my Merlin!"   Harry laughed out some more before karma caught up with him.   He tripped over his feet and luckily the Alpha caught him.  Harry blushed taking in Draco's smell while in his chest.  Draco pulled him back slightly and they locked eyes the familiar electric sparks sending through both boys caused them to gasp.  Locking eyes with Draco he blushed. 

"Harry I-"

"Well, well isn't this a surprise."  Vincent's voice rung out into the room and Draco tensed.