Chapter Thirty-Six

Just as the Winter sun began its descent Harry flopped down onto the living room couch with a heavy sigh. The dark-haired Omega had spent virtually all day decorating and getting the manor ready for the small Christmas party but was thankful they'd managed to get it done before Luna arrived. Harry even had time to give Hermione and Ron their matching sweaters and receive his own hoodie and matching sweatpants from the newly engaged couple. Emerald green eyes shifted to the living room entrance when a reluctant Leo shuffled his way in and over to the recliner. The golden-haired Alpha wore a vibrant green and red sweater with shimmering silver words that sprawled across his chest to say a holiday pun. Amber hued eyes stayed fixed intensely on the light grey wooden floor and Harry slugged down his trepidation that thickly coated his mouth in a form of stifling saliva.

"Merry Christmas. Thanks for agreeing to come to the party," the dark-haired Omega spoke wishing his own Alpha would come into the room or even his friends. Alas they were changing into their own Christmas regalia and whatnot so Harry would be stuck for Merlin knows how long with just Leo. The male Omega didn't hate the golden-haired Lycanthrope, but he couldn't muster the courage to fully forgive the Alpha yet. It would take time to heal their rocky relationship.

"Yeah," Leo's curt response was wooden in tone. The golden-haired Alpha kept his amber hued gaze devoid of emotion and Harry saw his jaw move slightly as if the Lycanthrope was working over his wordless thoughts. Before the dark-haired Omega could smother his burning embers of his curiosity, Harry's own words slipped past his mouth.

"What is it?" The male Omega asked before he bit down on his tongue in ire. The golden-haired Alpha's brows angled downwards in thought as he placed an elbow on his knee. Resting his chin in the palm of his upturned hand, Leo lifted his amber hued gaze to lock onto Harry's own emerald hued one.

"I'm sorry." The golden-haired Lycanthrope spoke sincerely as his gaze watched Harry's eyebrows shoot upwards in shock while the Omega's mouth opened slightly. "I shouldn't have acted the way I did but I just want to know what it feels like to have a fated. I hope you and Draco are always happy and that he treats you well." Leo spoke solemnly a sad smile taking over his blank expression. "I won't pursue you anymore, but I'll always be by your side as a protector. I give you my word." The golden-haired Alpha finished his vow before straightening his posture and giving a more cheerful smile to Harry.

"I appreciate your sentiment, but trust is earned not given." The dark-haired Omega spoke giving Leo a cautious smile as the golden-haired Lycanthrope kept his still pleasant smile on his strong face.

"I intend to earn your trust then Harry," Leo spoke with a zestful smirk as his amber hued yes lit up in a brighter mood.

"I hope you do." Harry couldn't help but to smile softly happy to maybe gain a new friend out of a past enemy. The dark-haired Omega heard a chorus of excited giggles and idle chatter came from the hallway and moments later in walked Hermione, Ron, and Draco. The engaged couple sported their matching sweaters Harry had gotten them for Christmas while Draco wore a pair of black jeans and a plain crimson hued jacket with lime green vertical stripes. It was an exact copy of the dark-haired Omega's although Harry's was gold with vertical shimmering silver stripes. "Took you guys long enough." The dark-haired Omega joked locking his emerald green hued eyes with his Alpha's light grey hued gaze with a quiet smile. Tonight, was the night they finally got to bond and all he had to do was get through this party and then he'd be claimed.

"We'd be here earlier but Hermione kept going in and out of the bathroom," the ginger Alpha complained, and Harry saw the female Omega blush her tawny hued gaze dropping to the floor. Why was she acting so strange?