Chapter Forty-Two

Harry woke shivering but somehow, he was strangely warm. It was as if he'd caught a fever during their trek up the mountain in the middle of the winter. However, the way the dark-haired Omega's lower stomach rolled and pulsed in painful cramps he realized something even deadlier was coming. Harry's heat was supposed to come two days from now and last until they were all supposed to head back to Hogwarts from their Winter break. Emerald green eyes snapped open as the dark-haired Omega pressed the palm of his right hand into his stomach hoping to ease the early stages of his heat. Harry glanced to his left and found himself a breath away from Draco's own face. The silvery-blond Alpha slept with his body turned towards the much smaller male Omega and his brows were knitted together angrily. Harry frowned as another heated pang of cramps hit his lower back, through his claiming mark he could only feel stress and sorrow rolling off of his Alpha. Emerald green hued eyes blinked slowly, and the dark-haired Omega decided that it would only stress Draco out more if he knew his heat was coming. He'd heard about female Omega's losing their heats during extremely stressful times, but he didn't know if that translated over to their male counterparts. Hadn't he read somewhere that male Omegas never missed their heats? That question was pulled from his mind as the silvery-blond Alpha stirred awake his brows unfurrowing when his light grey eyes peeled open. A small grin lifted up one side of Draco's full lips as he reached out to cup the side of Harry's face. The dark-haired Omega returned the smile but didn't feel it reach his emerald green hued eyes as he came to the conclusion that if he didn't feel like his heat had lessened by tomorrow morning, he'd tell his Alpha about it then.

"Did you sleep good?" Harry asked Draco softly not wanting to wake the still snoring Leo and Luna who still held the young pup Calla in her arms on the other side of him. The silvery-blond Lycanthrope took a moment to think of his answer but based off of the light purple shadows under his eyes, the dark-haired Omega already knew the answer. Over Draco's shoulder Harry could see Ron and Hermione were awake chatting quietly and when emerald green eyes landed on how the female Omega's hands pressed protectively over her stomach. Had she told her Alpha about her pregnancy yet? Any day now and Alphas would be able to smell it on her like Omegas already could.

"As good as I could manage," the silvery-blond Lycanthrope with a yawn causing a gust of warm air to blow against the dark-haired Omega's face. Harry grimaced as another wave of stinging and scorching cramps gnawed and bit their way into his lower stomach and back. Draco instantly picked up on his mate's discomfort and sent him a comforting chuffle hoping to ease whatever was foolish enough to brother his Harry. "What's wrong? You seem like you're in pain." The silvery-blond Lycanthrope's tone was full of concern as his light grey eyes roamed over the much smaller male Omega's frame. Harry hated lying to his mate but if his heat did skip itself for this month because of his stress levels then there was no reason to add more onto Draco's plate than there was currently. So, lying had to be okay if it was to protect the ones you cared about the most.

"Just a bit sore," the dark-haired Omega spoke the half truth softly and before he could speak again, the silvery-blond Alpha placed his large and warm hands right where a new wave of pain hit on his sides. The heat radiating through Draco's hands into Harry's sore and aching body had the dark-haired Omega keening out and growing tired once again. "You're gonna make me fall back asleep." Harry mumbled instantly feeling a thousand times better about his aching body thanks to being held in his mate's arms. Before he could blink, the dark-haired Omega was pulled into Draco's chest and the silvery-blond Alpha leaned his head down into the crook of Harry's neck. Draco's warm tongue delved out to clean and lick at the fresh claim mark and it felt completely different than it did when they mated. It wasn't sexual but it was more along the lines of just being completely, wholesome. That was the only way to describe the content that pulsed through his body at his Alpha's lazy drag of his tongue over the claim mark or when sucked the still tender flesh into his mouth to suckle it gently. A few peaceful minutes were passed between them and Harry had almost fallen asleep, but a baritone pitched voice clearing their throat caused the dark-haired Omega to open his eyes slowly. Basil stood at the bottom of their raised piece of rock and when Draco lifted his head up to lock his light grey hued gaze onto the Warrior chief he also rose up to lean onto one of his elbows.